Need some simple patterns

I've been hauling my Millie to Quilt Shows and County Fairs this summer, letting folks play on it - and selling one or two!;)

I'm getting kinda tired of saying, "You can write your name, draw a heart, draw a star....."

I need to come up with some very simple, continuous-line designs for folks to try, and my brain just isn't working on this subject. I know there are books out there, but I leave for my next show early on Thursday morning and would love to have some new ideas by then.

Any faves out there?

Yup, Patty, I do have Darlene's wonderful little books - a set tied to my machine and more available to sell. But what I'm looking for are identifiable objects - cars, toys, fruits & veggies, etc. - that someone can stitch out when they're playing. Lots of times it's kids or youth - they really don't care about meanders - they want to "draw" a sword or a car or a castle.

Thanks, Theo, for pointing me to your site - I'm gonna show the folks your bunny rabbit - see if they can stitch it!;)

Originally posted by barbm

Yup, Patty, I do have Darlene's wonderful little books - a set tied to my machine and more available to sell. But what I'm looking for are identifiable objects - cars, toys, fruits & veggies, etc. - that someone can stitch out when they're playing. Lots of times it's kids or youth - they really don't care about meanders - they want to "draw" a sword or a car or a castle.

Oh, well why didn't you say that in the beginning! :P

Patty and Kristina,

The adults, especially those that already quilt, enjoy the overall patterns (like your Toad Song, Kristina!) and the designs from Darlene's books. But at least half of the folks that play on my machine at the various venues are either NOT quilters at all (i.e. accompanying their quilter to a show) or are children of quilters.

It may seem foolhardy to let non-quilters on the machine (gasp!) but in the seven venues I've been to since March, there's only been two broken needles - once by my DH, trying to advance the practice piece while forgetting the machine was still on, in SR mode. Oooops!

I think having the youth on the machine has actually helped make a sale for me - shop owners don't worry so much about being able to have renters on their new machine, if they see that I'm not worried to have kids as young as four years old "playing" on the machine. I just make sure to tell everyone not to touch the pretty colored dots on the handles....;)

Okay Barb~

I didn't loose my mind in my earlier post, my computer locked up and I couldn't get the pic posted.

As I said in the earlier post, These designs show how easy it is to move the machine as well a points and curves.

Nothing better than that perfect tension..

Let me try to post the (bad) drawings again.

Laura

untitled.bmp

Archived