It's snowing here in Colorado high country!

Kinda of on the chilly side! I am moving to Wisconsin from Virginia and looking forward to snow. Having lived in the Midwest, I miss it. When it snows here, it doesn't amount to much and melts quickly.

Right now, my outside temp is about 73 degrees and heading to a high around 80:)

Cheryl,

Yuk, we don't do heat very well unless it's standing by the wood stove. Ha, Colorado has dry heat and not much humidity. The high mountains are covered. It's hunting season and so I hope the hunters are freezing. One year we used our spotting scope off the loft deck and the elk were up high and then way down below we could see the hunters. I hope they never found the elk. Sometimes on the county road going to work I'd have to stop and let the parade of elk go in front of me. Magnificent animals.

mountainquilter

SHHHHHHHHHHHH....I'm just now starting to enjoy the weather...it was so humid here that I didn't like it much this summer... No way am I ready for winter... But the trees are telling me we could be in for an early winter here as well. The fall colors in the hallow are starting to really get pretty each day...and some trees are already naked.

The wind woke me up at 4:00 this morning--the windows were open and the bedroom door was creaking and about to shut itself. The front screen door was banging against the doorstop because we have it propped open. That wind speaks "Change" in the weather. The wind is good this time of year because it shakes the trees and the nuts just fall all over the place.

SNOW----Yah!!!!--maybe an early ski season---YIPPEE!!

Oh my, that means fall is very close. I bet it is just beautiful though.

I can remember in Idaho getting snow this early, didn't always mean we were going to have a snow winter though. It is supposed to be in the 90's here in good ole Oregon this week! Not sure I am ready for winter yet.

Whenever one of my girls gets home I'll have to have them try to teach me how to post pics. I don't know how, I am not a electronics person. The sun is shinning now and the golden retriever Sage is having a blast running in the snow. I guess I have never had the need to post pictures. It is beautiful out now, wonderful blue skies, white snow capped peaks, golden Aspen trees. One thing about Colorado weather, if you don't like it, it will change within about 10 to 60 minutes.

Diana

It snowed in Westcliffe also today. Just a nice coverage. Already beginning to melt. Very pretty though and about 30 to 35 degrees.

LOVE IT. Got the shelves stocked and I'm ready. I don't leave home much once the snow is constant. I even have the wood stove going. Love this time of year. This is only my second winter and rumors are that we had alot of rain so it will be a heavy winter. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

It is so beautiful.

Grammie

Wow - it was 87 here today, supposed to be 95 tomorrow. We don't see much snow in Eugene, but I'm ready for the cooler weather. Fall is my favorite season. It officially starts on the 22nd at 5:18 EDT.

Linda

Lucky you, I love the snow, so much more time to quilt. Today is the first day of fall and I woke to 10C; (thats 50F for you normal people) Winter is coming! They are calling for 27C (80F) tomorrow. What a vast difference in temperatures. I am not a rain person, so glad I am not getting what Shannon is!

Hi All~

Just back to work from my weekend and yes, It's cold here in Colorado. I am loving it!!!!

Weather forecast says 40's and 50's all week!!!!!Back to the 70's though by Saturday!!!

Pikes Peak and the surrounding mountains are just Blanketed in snow and more in the forecast!!!

I love this time of year! The Aspens are starting to change already. Can't wait for our annual drive to see them in all there glory!!!

Have a great day everyone.

Laura

Archived