String Star - Completed with Pictures

Alright, I am doing this string star and for a lady I just met recently. Very nervous. She wanted circles...great because I told her I would not SID the strings around the star. They are inconsistent!

I did concentric circles in 2", 4", 6" and 7.5". Love the QZ for this. So easy from the front. ;)

Now...I feel like it needs some more quilting in the open spaces...but what? Should I just loopy meander in there? Do I stipple? Do I leave it alone? This quilt has what feels like hundreds of starts/stops already that I have to tie/bury!

What do you all recommend? Thank you for any suggestions.

Oh, there is a thin black border that I am putting leaves in. I thought about how to incorporate more leaves...but can't think how.

post--13461902628652_thumb.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This quilt is 105" square. I am actually only nearly 1/2 done with the circles.

I am seriously thinking leaves in the open areas...now that I posted a picture...ideas are starting to flow.

Oh, and the backing is muslin. She wanted variagated thread with no contrasting thread showing on the back. I used Rainbows on top, So Fine Ivory in bobbin. Hobbs 80/20 batting...so far so good!

I spoke to Bonnie earlier on the phone. After measuring the open spaces and discussing this quilt...we both agree that I am not going to add anything further to the open areas. I am only going to finish the concentric circles and call this quilt done. I will post the completed quilt this weekend I hope. It is time to finish and move on to something else. :)

Thanks Bonnie. You are terrific. Loved speaking with you on the phone.

Was happy to help...and with the opening only being roughly 3 inches square and the tiny road between the circles only being a half inch, i'm not sure it would add to the quilting, but to take away from it....the straight lines and the circles, and then add something else. After you talk with the customer...let her decide.

Archived