String Star - Completed with Pictures

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kristina,

Looks great. Can you imagine doing all those circles with a ruler and not the Quiltazoid? LOL You should have heard everybody at camp when I demoed the Quiltazoid and they saw how easy it was to make circles! Linda Gibbons gets the winning reaction though! I wish I had it taped. I was showing her how to make it look like a celtic knot and she stitched the first round, we moved it 1/4" and she bot about 4" stitched and just burst out. Just imagine purr joy!

Here is a picture of the leaf border that I did. I do quilt better than I draw...remember that! LOL :D

My leaves vary in size/shape just a bit. I try to always alternate them however. I do not prequilt the spine. I quilt it as I have numbered it. Oh, and I can only do this L to R. I have to turn the quilt for the side borders to make it look more consistent. Thanks Monika for asking.

post--13461902688989_thumb.jpg

Thank you Virginia. I do not have the Topper. I only have the Quiltazoid.

They are both tools that can be utilized from the front of the machine...but the differneces are many.

The QZ is capable of circles, concentric circles, eccentric circles, spirographs (with the spiro attachment) and can use templates for additional designs. www.quiltazoid.com/

You might want to contact Linda Rech directly about the Topper. She can let you know all of its features. www.topperquilttools.com/

Wow!!!! Now that is some Quilt!!! I love it, but could never stitch it! Did all of the patterns and shapes bother your vision when it was on your frame? I have such a tough time with some patterns, it sends my astigmatism all kinds of wonky, it almost gives me migranes sometimes.

Your quilting really pulled the linear elements of this quilt together. I love the leaves in the border, they create a soft and natural elemental touch!

I am so amazed at the quilts I see completed here on this site and that the ones my customers bring to me. I would never in a hundred years think of all of the colors, patterns and combinations everyone comes up with and yet that is why I am so very Hooked on quilting. Creative, Inspirational, Variety! We quilters have the best of both worlds, we get to see all of the fantastic patterns and designs everyone pieces and then come up with a "quilt" design to make them into a cohesive, functional element. Love it! I'm certain your customer will be delighted!

Archived