SOOO Disappointed.

It seems that our "friends" that we donated the quilt to, who told us it raffled for about 3k, now say they were trying to make me feel good, it only sold for $312.00.

I'd much rather have the truth from the start, than to be let down now, by those I considered a friend. To me it's just a double hurtlike being crushed..

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend, stay well and safe, God Bless, and prayers continue for those who need them.

Rita & Himself.

Oh Rita I'm sorry you are disappointed. You know girl you did a great thing and they made money on it so that is what is most important. I'm sure you friend told you that so that you would feel just how much she appreciated the donation! In her mind it must have been worth 3K and I'll bet she was disappointed it didn't bring in more too!

Rita: never doubt how far $300 can go. At a local drive, a chairperson took a small amount of money donated by her office on a Fri. and on Sat she went shopping, got double coupons, case prices, matching donations, and out right donations from local grocers. She took a tremendous amount of needed food and personal products to the charity, they couldn't believe what a "small " amount of hard cash bought. Your quilt started something very good. Be very proud. Pat

Oh, Rita, please do not be offended at your friend. It must have been very hard for her to try to tell the figure at all. There's only one reason she would have told you h that and that is to spare your feelings. Yes, it was wrong to lie, but she was trying to protect you. Recognize that and take the pressure off of both of you.

Rita -

don't worry and take comfort that the group will need and use that raffle money. I have done treasurer duties for my guild and my sons Cub Scout packs. When you look at what we are able to do for the boys with such a small budget, you would be amazed.

We are so thankful to parents and people like you who donate their time ( and love they put in it), as you folks truly help make our different organizations go.

You are very blessed for helping them out.

Julia

Originally posted by hmerrill

Oh Rita I'm sorry you are disappointed. You know girl you did a great thing and they made money on it so that is what is most important. I'm sure you friend told you that so that you would feel just how much she appreciated the donation! In her mind it must have been worth 3K and I'll bet she was disappointed it didn't bring in more too!

I agree with Heidi!

I went to a Breast Cancer fundraiser luncheon in my town last Friday. One of the items on the "silent auction" list was a beautiful queen size quilt that a friend of mine pieced (it was stunning Bear Paw blocks made with a variety of pastel fabrics; so feminine and pretty) and I quilted freehand feathers and swirls all over it with a light pink thread. Really Very beautiful. Before I walked out the door, I looked and the highest bid was $300.00.

Somebody got a lovely quilt for a steal of a deal.

But you know what? That money went toward buying a new breast cancer detection machine. So it's all worth it in the end. My feelings are not hurt at all.

Please don't be hurt and crushed. Your friend was doing what she thought was best. Go give her a hug. There are bigger and better things to do with your time rather than be mad because someone was trying to protect your feelings.

:)

Raffles and silent auctions can be so unsettling. In my experience, the quilts often go for less than what we think they could/should & only occasionally equal or more. I have given a couple of my quilts to raffles/auctions & try to ignore what the going price ends up being. Instead I focus on what the money is going for.

Last year I had a quilt go for about $150 - not much but what I learned later is that the person wanted it to put in another bigger auction for cancer patients - it went for lots more and I was thrilled - double auction. So, you never know.

Thanks ladies.. I do appreciate your support and nice comments. I'm really not mad at my friend, but it sure hurt one of my feelings, that now I'm over most of my illnesses and bone problems, she feels the need to protect me.

When I donated the quilt I told them iI felt if they got over $254.00 they would be doing real well...

Anyway, I just thought it a not very nice thing, and hope no one else has to go thru it.

Hugs to All God Bless your hearts and thanks,

RitaR

Rita, just sending you a word of encouragement and understanding. I think in your situation I would have felt the exact same way, but having said that I also know just like you I would get over being hurt and would feel grateful that I had a friend who cared for me so much.

(((((((hugs))))))))))

Again, thank you every one. I don't think it would be so bad if my depression meds were working a bit better.. Dr. Stanzione is going to do some research and confer with another Dr. about what to do next.

I'm all better, can smile again, partly because of an email that a friend sent about Actors in Sweeden. One of the funniest things I've ever seen.. I wish we could claim it, but in my opinion, our boys always tend to make it nasty or dirty.

Off the subject again. a good sign of depression.

Hugs all, smile inside and out and have a good weekend.

God Bless, rita and Himself.

I love you Rita----and Roland too. Glad you're checking in with us. Wish you could be here to see the lovely weather we're having for nut harvest. The boys were noticing that everywhere they drove yesterday, people were outside walking----LOTS of walkers on the road. My friend and I even walked to the post office and back--3 miles round trip! I'm thankful.

Take care of yourself and himself too.

Archived