Lots of XH and Feathers

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, it's been a while since I've been on here. Thanks for bringing this quilt back up. I haven't seen the pictures since I posted it.

I have done lots of crosshatching before this quilt but I couldn't always get it perfect. So for this quilt I used the Circle Lord templates and the pushbutton element from the front. It was still extremely tedious due to the starts and stops over the embroidery.

So that's how I did it. The wool batting really helped give definition to the quilting. I highly recommend it for heirloom quilts.

Thanks again for the lovely comments!

Tina,these quilts are incredible. The piecing and embroidery is gorgeous--but without your quilting they would just be okay! You really make the sing!

I'm curious -- you say you jump the embroidery and then spend hours clipping threads. Do you backstitch at each stop and start--or knot and bury?

I have a wildflowers quilt to quilt and you have given me some wonderful ideas! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful work! Jane

Hey Tina is that a Judy Nowicky Pattern. It sure looks like one. My Viking 1100 can do that too! Or at least that's what she told me when I bought her book. She is right here in South Bend Indiana. The quilting you did is just awesome. I know she would love to see it. You did a marvoulus job. Maybe some day I'll get mine done. ;)

Archived