Art & Stitch, a dream coming through

A dream coming through for Loes. It really does.

When we entered the quiltmarket at MQX in 2007, with our vector drawing program: Pre-Design Studio, users could sew their drawings made in Pre-Design Studio if their machine could read DXF. At that moment I did not realize this would take over her life as she became hooked how to bridge the gap between embroidery digitizing and quilting.

She is an expert on embroidery digitizing and when talking to the technology leader in the embroidery software the idea of bridging the gap became reality.

For months now Loes is working together with the rogrammers to make Art & Stitch the ultimate program for computerized quilting and this week final tests will be done.

And what I have seen is not good..... it is EXCELLENT and you are going to like this.

I am convinced Art & Stitch will change your way of working/digitizing as well as it is easy to make and use embroidery / quilt designs in whatever format.

Next major task is writing the tutorial and the help files. It is partly done but it needs to be organized. Everything needs to be ready end of February which leaves March to finalize everything, we still have to decide about the packaging/cover of the CD and after that the program will be launched.

Art & Stitch will be launched, definitely early April and first classes by Loes will be held at MQS-2010 in Overland Park KS

I'll leave it to Loes to tell you more about Art & Stitch but I thought I should share my feelings with the group as I am really proud of Loes' achievements.

(And I know Loes is proud of my improvements in cooking :) as that is the part she voluntarily :) donated to me).

A sneak preview of the new Art & Stitch program is on YouTube

New website for this products is www.artnstitch.com

If you are interested you can always join the yahoogroup http://groups.yahoo.com/group/artandstitch/

Regards

Theo

Congratulations Loes and Theo !

This is a major undertaking and accomplishment. . bridging the worlds of computerized quilting and embroidery. Loes, it is obvious you have poured your heart and soul into this software. I am excited to see all of the features.

I wish you great success. It couldn’t happen to two nicer people.

Warm Regards,

Suzanne Moreno, Designer, Digitizing Instructor

Patterns and Designs Studio.com (in construction)

Grants Pass, Oregon

Theo and Loes, this is great news. It is obvious how excited you two are about the latest development. You two are a class act; very special people. I wish you much success and I know it will happen. Dreams come through and Dreams come true! ;)

The Wonderful World of Quilting and the people who live in it ---- It only gets better and better, doesn't it?

Sending my love from the chilly white north country.

I was just wondering where Loes was in getting Art and Stitch out to market. I do both quilting and embroidery and totally excited about the coming software. I love Pre-Design and can't wait for Art and Stitch. I won't be going to MQS because I'm attending MQX but wish you every success with this new adventure.:cool::cool::cool:

Hi Sue,

Well, if you can't come to Krefeld, shall we come to Australia then?

It's in the plans.. for 2011.

In the meantime, Theo has tried a program called Mikogo which works very well with Skype. Using those two together, we can give you a live demo of the software and can even let you take over our computer screen so you can play with Art and Stitch yourself.

Will give that a try tomorrow. If you read this, get yourself a Skype account and send us a private email with your Skype user name.

Then we will knock your socks off with our demo for Art and Stitch tomorrow, hmm.. which would be today in your place on this planet.

Loes

Archived