Pantograph Handle

Busy Quilting

I don't do panotgraphs very often. When I did them my left hand used to dance around doing nothing.

Somebody on here suggested "left brain" training etc

SO I put the left hand on the APQS handle and made my own handle on the machine for my right hand.

It it one of those suction ruler holders that I never use! Covered with some foam and cut offs from batting and backing.

So mush easier now! But I still won't DO pantos frequently.

Lyn

post--13461903448393_thumb.jpg

hey, that is exactly what I have been whining about ever since I got my Millie... there should be a handle on the back of the machine! Please tell, where did you find that one? I've been looking all over for one small enough to fit. I have two suction cup ruler handles, and the suction cups are too wide to fit on the machine.

Great idea, huh? :D

Originally posted by Sharon M

hey, that is exactly what I have been whining about ever since I got my Millie... there should be a handle on the back of the machine! Please tell, where did you find that one? I've been looking all over for one small enough to fit. I have two suction cup ruler handles, and the suction cups are too wide to fit on the machine.

Great idea, huh? :D

Sharon, I have a handle just like that but never got comfortable with using them on my rulers - will send it to you if you e-mail me your address.;)

BTW, when I panto (rarely!) I hold the back of the machine with my right hand - thumb on the left, fingers on the right - and my left hand on the normal handle. Works for me....

Barb, thank you so much for the offer! But I am in Canada, and I'm not sure how much it would cost you to ship....not that I wouldn't be happy to pay you for the handle and the shipping! ;) Would be glad to, but you never know... you might need that little dealy someday! like, just right after you send it off! LOL Also I have been having problems lately with stuff being shipped to me from the USA.... Somewhere between here and there, USPS or Canada Post has lost my package from Jinny Byer :mad: Not one, but two quilt kits in that shipment.... :mad::mad: I'm not impressed! And about a year ago, I had purchased a rather expensive giclee painting from the USA.... UPS overlooked CA (country code for Canada), chose SK instead(which is the code for the province of Saskatchewan), and sent my painting to SLOVAKIA! Didn't matter that they couldn't find a town named Arcola.... they found one named ARDOVA, and decided that must be it! I had a tracking number, fortunately, and could see details online every day where my painting was travelling all over Europe! Anyways, I told that story just to say that I would hate for you to go to all that trouble, and in the end neither one of us would have that cute little handle! Do I sound pessimistic? :P those aren't the only problems I've had with shipments.... just the two that bug me the most! You can imagine how nervous I was when I ordered my Millie!

Anyways, thanks again Barb.... I'm sure I'll find one somewhere.... in fact I did find a nice handle on the Cottage Mills website this morning...only they don't ship to Canada! hmmm.... wonder why? maybe too many problems with lost shipments?! Oh, and I do exactly as you do when I'm doing pantos.... I hold onto the back of the machine with my right hand.... thumb on the left, and fingers on the right. Works for me too! Actually was my DH who suggested the handle on the back.... since then I have been looking for one that will fit.... but, really, I'm doing fine without one! If I come across one in Canada though, I will buy it. Thanks again anyways! (Still can't get over how gracious everyone on this forum is! always somebody willing to go the extra mile!) :)

That is a great tip--and like Barb, I have one hand on the back of the machine, and one on the left handle when I do pantos.

Seems like you could find a nice handle at the hardware store/Home Depot and glue it to the back. It would be permanent, but I can't see that it would be in the way.

Thanks for the tip--the visual was great!

• 4 weeks later...

I have on of those i will be trying that out.

I love doing pantos, but im not up to a lot of the freehand stuff ppppp

i have liberty so are my control buttons the same right hand has my controls (stitch lenght needle up or down) my left hand has my stitch reg . my power cord is a spiral and i fine it gets stuck as i move my machine around.

Archived