THE WEDDING QUILT IS DONE...AND SO IS THE MARRIAGE

I know I should have worked faster and have learned my lesson. The making of the quilt took 3 years, the wedding was September 2007, the seperation was the end of December 2009 :o

Any who...here is the quilt..

2460727750090312137S425x425Q85.jpg

And the border...not as nice as Holly...but it's done! ;)

2217686720090312137S425x425Q85.jpg

And yes, I know, there is still blue pen on the quilt, I will get rid of it....

2396005590090312137S425x425Q85.jpg

Another border shot

2025471630090312137S425x425Q85.jpg

The piano key outer border

2444291270090312137S425x425Q85.jpg

Really tight fit feathers...

2755507310090312137S425x425Q85.jpg

And this is why I need a camera with "shake control"...I think I have a nervous problem :D:D

2314761090090312137S425x425Q85.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very pretty, Mary Beth. Too bad the marriage didn't last long enough to get to use this quilt. But of course you don't have to worry about it going to the wrong person in divorce proceedings (that's why I waited to give my uncle his cowboy quilt because I didn't want his EX to get it in the divorce because she would have taken it for spite)!

I'm kind of hoping so :D:D His wife is a nice girl, but we never thought they went together. He is living here when he is home on the weekends, so his wife asked him if he would be able to bring the quilt over and leave it at her house. :o No way!! And that is what I told him....No way, if you all get back together, then I will give it to you, but not until then. DH wants to keep it :D

It does fit our bed perfectly. It is 118" x 118", it's times like this that I was glad I have the 14' frame. The kids are going for couseling except that they couldn't agree on that either and are going to seperate councelors :o We will see what happens. Thank you all for your kind words.

Oh Mary Beth your quilt is just beauitful. Your feathers are out of this world. Can you tell us your secret! I would keep the quilt too! Sorry about the problem they are having. Maybe this will be a growing experience for them and they can go on with or with out each other to a happier future! BTW if there is an agrument as to where the quilt goes, you can always send it my way.... I wish! LOL

Ya know, my mom has a phrase when someone goes through a divorce, she would say "they tore the blanket." I am trying to avoid that happening :D:D:D

I can only do bump-bump feathers and I learned them from Sherry Harrison Rogers book...can't remember the name, but someone has it for sale, some where. I used the Nautilus tool for the spine, that was an experience. I'm not into that tight, little quilting.

MB the quilt is beautiful!!! I love the bump-bump feathers. I took a class from Karen Mctavish and that's what she taught. They were the only feathers that I did that looked like feathers. Sorry about the marriage, but keep the quilt!!

It needs to stay in your family.:cool:

Thank you Connie. I plan to keep it in the family. Not sure I really need it, I have another quilt under this one that is my quilt, which also goes well in this bedroom. If we keep it, my quilt my go to the guest room and this quilt will stay on my bed :)

The lesson learned here is that I will make a couple of quilts and put them away for wedding presents to be given when the I do's are said. Then it won't take me 2 years afterward to get the quilt to them....although in this situation, as in most, the quilt would not have kept them together :)

Archived