DeLoa Jones

This is not a machine quilting class. It is for a log cabin flower type quilt. I will surely sign up now that I know she is an awesome teacher.

One year when I was a beginner I took a class from a VERY nasty lady. I was going to hand piece the star as I could not get it right on the machine. She asked me what century I expected to finish it in? I was VERY happy to email her pictures of 2 quilts I completed 2 in less than 6 months and they were big.

But I learned how NOT to be when I began teaching beginners in our county at night.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I am at Sandra's teaching the rose log cabin quilt tomorrow and then Jessie (my daughter) and I are teaching hands on longarm classes next week with a whole lot of good Louisiana food in between. Sandra told me about all your comments and I meekly asked is it good or bad. She said she wouldn't show me if it was bad.

Thanks for all your wonderful comments and I am so glad that you like the Appliguide.Mine is always on my machine nearby. Libby, we are setting up more classes at Elizabeth's in Pa in June. Camp Mowana is nearly full and the classes will be posted soon.

We are looking to set up a camp in upper New York this year in Oct. There is a lot of cost to do the camps so we are wondering if we can get the amount of people necessary to make it worthwhile. If anyone has an interest please e-mail me. We are now in the planning stage so I don't know all the details

.You have all made my day.Thanks,

DeLoa

OK I am seriously interested in the upper NY classes... if it is definitely going to be 1st week of Oct maybe... we could switch? My MIL lives in Watertown... it would be easier to travel there rather than Ohio. So... I need to buy my airplane tickets like pronto. Can you let me know if this is nailed down and if it's Oct 4-7 maybe we can do that instead? Hmmmm.....

I bought my first machine from DeLoa, seems like a long time ago. I too would be interested in NY camp info and would be happy to spread the word among our local shops and guilds. We are a very quilt rich area. I have 9 shops with in a 40 mile radius.

Archived