table size

My first machine had a 14 ft table. My second machine has a 12 ft table. I wouldn't want any less than a 12 ft. I can quilt king size quilts with no problem.

So I guess my question for you is why would you want to cut your table down in size if you have room for your 14 ft table? Secondly, if you ordered the bliss tracks couldn't you just get 12 ft rails? Just thinking...maybe it is too dangerous. I would check out the cost of getting the rails cut down to the size you want. If it is expensive, getting the Bliss rails might be a better option.

Originally posted by JeriGirl

So what makes the APQS wheels better then the edgerider wheels as I have heard so many good things about the edgeriders as I too was thinking I would try them before going with the new Bliss.

APQS Bliss wheels are $240 for the set of 8 vs $170 for the Edgerider wheels set of 8. According to what I have read they both do the same thing except the bliss wheels are suppose to last longer, & if they do go bad it's because of a bearing and they can be removed and new added to the existing wheel.

So basically if $$ is the issue than the edgerider wheels are for you and contact Patty (katydids) she sells them :0)

Oh BTW MB if you only plan on doing your own quilts, then to determine what size table would be good for you is look at your bed sizes if you have any qn/king size beds that may need a future quilt than go with the 12ft table.

Originally posted by Darlene Epp

Just so you know:

If you can't get the whole Bliss Drive system, you CAN order just the wheels. The cost is $30 each, or $240 for the set of 8.

Sorry to ask again, but does this mean these new wheels will also work with the Lenni.

Originally posted by sagebrushquilter

MB...you do realize that by shortening your table to any length..will require you to purchase new bars, don't you? This only adds to the cost unless someone will trade tables with you! If I lived closer (Nevada is a bit far)...I would consider doing just that!

No, what new bars are we talking about? I was told that I could cut my table down and if I know a welder can do all this ourselves. Well...I know about 75 welders and one is the boss of a huge factory (my DH) and the another is my brother who has his own compay.

So, you are saying this is not true. Hum....I think I will call Mr. Margie, I know he cut a table down for someone.....I will check with him before I get crazy.

The Bliss system sounds like it would be just the greatest thing ever. However, I am not in business any more. All quilting will be done for myself and I will not pay that much money to upgrade my system. I have already purchased the Edgeriders for my machine so Bliss wheel are out of the question too. There are a lot of people out there that praise their Edgeriders and I'm sure they will be just fine for me. I'm not concerened with wheels.....only table size.

My Liberty is on a 14 FT table, and occasionally I use most of it. My Mille is on an 11FT table because I just did not have room for 12Ft. 112" is the maximum backing I can load on the 11' table.

112" is big enough for me and our CA King bed quilts but would not do a standard King.

Mary Beth.

I would not go smaller than a 12 foot table.

Even if you only quilt for YOU now, you do not know what the future will hold. You may want that 12 feet. If you have the room, why shorten the table at all??

BTW: Since you have all the great CL boards and templates, maybe in the future you will offer a faster, easier, quicker quilting service based on the designs you can do quickly with them, instead of all the crazy custom stuff. Just a thought. You are too good not to quilt!!

Just some thoughts.

Lisa

APQS Liberty

Circle Lord

NJ

Mary Beth, you can have your table rails cut down to whatever size you desire. A welder will need to cut your rollers down and reweld one of the ends. You will need to remove your leaders for this and then cut them down also or get new leaders. If you have any questions, contact Barb Mayfield, I believe she has done this or knows someone who did, so she can probably answer your questions better.

Originally posted by Mary Beth

No, what new bars are we talking about? I was told that I could cut my table down and if I know a welder can do all this ourselves. Well...I know about 75 welders and one is the boss of a huge factory (my DH) and the another is my brother who has his own compay.

So, you are saying this is not true. Hum....I think I will call Mr. Margie, I know he cut a table down for someone.....I will check with him before I get crazy.

Patty said exactly what I should have said. Didn't mean to cause trouble here or insult in any way. :)

I wish you lived next door. I'd trade my 12 foot for 14 foot in a heartbeat. I'd like to be able to park my head to the side more. I am not able to do a panto the full length of the leaders because the head takes up too much room. I can only do freehand for the largest quilts. I'd never go to a 10 foot table.

Originally posted by sagebrushquilter

Originally posted by Mary Beth

I was not insulted!! I just didn't get what you were saying...

Patty said exactly what I should have said. Didn't mean to cause trouble here or insult in any way. :)

I have a 10 foot and a 14 foot, the best of both worlds. I wouldn't change either one - but then again, I can have 2. I would recommend the 12 foot if you only have one :D Right in the middle. The 10 ft is a bit small for the larger quilts as you cannot park your machine and it can be a challenge when you oil the bobbin area - you need to be very careful.

Archived