Wow factor walls

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linzi - again, I just have to say it's GENIUS!

Once it's viewed by some of our "big" companies, they should pay YOU to lease it for shows... It SHOULD have a WORLD tour... I'm surprised that someone at APQS hasn't put a "BID" in already! This is an incredible statement of what our APQS machines and quilting talents can produce!

I just feel one of the big companies will sponsor you once this is shown around!

Originally posted by JustSewSimple

Now, Linzi, perhaps I am behind the power curve here but..... Is this going to be used for anything other than to ooooh and aaaaaawe over? I was thinking that if the panels faced the inside of the yurt at some point and was water proofed - what a fun spot to be. I know you want to take it on the road and boy, I'd love to see it!!!! the panels are just beautiful!

after linzi and her yurt finish with the world tour andall the groupies are satisfied, wouldnt it be so great if linzis yurt could wind up to be a classroom or lecture room that was contained within another building. omigosh - is there a quilt museum anyhwere in scotland? or the usa? wouldnt that just be so perfect? :cool:

I also believe after "years" of touring it should go into a museum. Linzi, I think you should "pitch" your YURT story to Jody Davis at QNNtv. A vitural copy would look great in our Second Life vitural world. It would make a great "QUILT OUT LOUD" episode or Alex and Tim's "QUILT SHOW. Ok, both shows!!!! There's a show on PBS also, I think the Lap Quilt something, the lady travels all over the world for stories. As you can tell I'm trying not to think "work" this morning, it's Friday.:D:D:D HAPPY DANCE:cool::cool::cool:

OK, Connie - hiring you as tour/event manager...LOL!

I have now driven around and bought/collected hinges, photos, albums, cellophane packets, fake thistles, spare glue gun, replacement staple gun... tomorrow it's the stag's head, gin and possibly a picnic table!

Linzi, I'd never heard of a Yurt before looking at yours and I just can't believe how beautiful this structure is...and the work that goes into it.

I've not done research on it yet but was wondering if you could tell us what the Yurt is about...where it originates.

Yours is obviously a work of love...thank you for sharing it with us.

Rita

Canada

Archived