Lets Play What's on Your Frame

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing on my frame right now, Will add a photo when I have

Rebecca, love this quilt pattern, the flower fabric blocks against the white, sure make this a beautiful quilt. Is that pink piping around the borders ? The magnolia is very pretty too.

May I ask is this your own pattern, or if purchased would you mind telling me where ?

I guess we are a bunch of slacker so far. Nothing on my frame either! I haven't quilted a thing since sometime in February, right after in early March I started the construction of my new studio and now that it is about done I need to get busy. I need to re level my Lenni as I added casters and have not adjusted it to level yet. I hope to start something soon as well.

Heidi, I like what you did with this quilt. I saw it on the other thread and wondered myself what to do with itl

Currently I am only pinning in a queen size that has bird fabric on the borders and the backing is peacocks. Bright yellow backing and it is really pretty.

OK, I had to go and find my camera. I just put this on last night and getting ready to go and finish it today. A very contemporary large print quilt by one of my best customers. She wants leaves all over it except for the smaller squares where she wants a large flower. So here it is......

OPPS file too big, I'll try again....

2780601040094956607S600x600Q85.jpg

I'm working on a giant custom job for one of my top piecers. I love getting her quilts...so nice and flat! This one is going along good...hope to be done in a couple of hours. The only thing bugging me is where the blocks come together in kind of a pinwheel. They poof a bit but not bad enough to worry about, I don't think :o, but I don't know what I'd plop into those spots. 56 blocks and only 6 to go, then the inner border and it's done.

post--13461904156683_thumb.jpg

oooh, my favorite topic! love ALL these quilts! Rebecca, is that magnolia motif from a stencil, or did you freehand it?? it's beautiful stitched out!

Heidi, love what you did with the horse!

and Sandra, do you know the name of your customer's pattern? such pretty colors. Love your choice for quilting it.

This is a sample quilt of sorts. I didn't get all the blocks for BOM I was in last year, so filled those spaces with orphan blocks. Would like to show one pict of something new for me to try, but the camera cable for downloads is missing. Guys fixing phone lines and filters, etc. Maybe later.

post--13461904187294_thumb.jpg

Funny you should ask . . . I have the day off today, so I unloaded my very first practice "muslin" quilt, and hope to get my first real quilt loaded today. I'm kind of nervous to do it for the first time, so I kind of dragged my feet on getting started. Wish me the best in getting it loaded correctly! Then, if I can learn how to insert a picture, I'll post a picture of my very first quilt on my Lenni!

OOHHHHH love this post. It is fun looking at everyones project, What inspiration!

Kath......yes that is pink piping around the borders. The fabric had little pink varigated stems so I decided to bring the pink into the quilt with the piping. The pattern is my own from my EQ5.

This is on my frame; first quilt for this customer that she actually finished for a friend of hers. Problem...is BORING. She wanted maple leaf panto in the body and the cable in the border. I used a stencil and just freehanded (or tried) over the lines. I was so freaked out after doing the top and bottom, that I was trying to figure out how to get out of tearing it all out and starting over. I had visions of hours and hours of frogging; but then I turned it over... (see next picture

post--13461904188786_thumb.jpg

...and found that even though its only backed with muslin, it really didn't look half bad (does that mean it looks half good?:P) I can't wait to finish this one...hopefully tomorrow. Then it can go back to the house where it may live and out of here!!

post--13461904189174_thumb.jpg

Archived