photo quilt...FINISHED with PICTURES ADDED

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kristina, I think it looks so pretty with your quilting designs and I like how you have inconspicuously tacked down the edges of the photos, great idea. When I read your note about the colour of thread I went ?????, but that just shows my inexperience and your professionalism because it does suit the quilt perfectly. Great tip for me to keep in mind. Your customer will love what you've done! :cool:

i had a revelation yesterday...sometimes getting back to the basics...like loopy meander is the best.

this quilt was not square in any direction...was wavy in spots...the white photo blocks were stained...and the iron on photos were already peeling. the lady i quilted it for was aware of some of this...and still wanted it quilted...so what do you do?!

quilt it simply...and call it a quilt...a done quilt! thanks for all the help yesterday. i needed it. :)

lisa...i am done with the elves if you want them now! :D

I think you came up with a great design and it definitely can use the extra interest in the background and sashing too, as it was very plain. I think you're smart to do some on the pictures too, as they don't look like they're going to stay on otherwise. I love your design!

I just quilted my first quilt today on my new Lenni, but can't yet figure out how to post a picture of it. I'll keep trying, or someone can send me in the right direction if they like!

Thanks everyone! I am pretty pleased with my first attempt. I love my Lenni...can't decide if I want to give her a different name or not...

Froggy I enjoyed reading several pages of your blog today. You must be a very busy Mom and quilter and everything else. I am glad your son is doing better with his diabetes.

thanks grandmahello. sven is doing really well. he is managing it very well...and is a very energetic busy kid. he was repairing some of the tires and such on his sister's bikes today. hard to keep a good kid down!

thanks too for following my blog...i need more people to encourage me to write more! :D

Kristina, it looks great! Someone sometime that simple was always best. Maybe it was my mom.

I just came itside. It's dark and I can't see any more to weed the garden. Maybe I'll post a garden picture tomorrow. The squash are here and the zinnias have just stared blooming! The sunflowers are growing like crazy, the corn is tassiling, peas are putting out there runners and the okra is thinking about blooming!

Quilter on Barnwell, your quilt is so bright. I just love it and the quilting is really done well. I wish my first one looked that good. Welcome!

I really like the trillium leaves too...I have been trying to draw them with a pencil but I can't make them as nice as yours!

I quilted my second quilt on my new Lenni today and it turned out well too. I did have some tension problems at the beginning, and it sure let me know when it didn't like one kind of thread I tried to use!

So now both quilts are quilted and bound, so that feels good as I've had the tops done for ages.

Hey Kristina, perfect quilting on that one baby!!! We do take in some doozies sometimes don't we?!!:D Your quilting makes it all better. Great job.

Tracey

Grandmahello.......go granny, go granny, go granny, go!! go!! (I'm singin'/rappin':P)

Hello, I usually just lurk on this forum, but the picture quilt reminded me of one that I did a couple of years ago. I was hired to do a 50th anniversary quilt. The gal supplied the pictures already on fabric, and we brainstormed the rest using Ami Simms Memory book. She is great at beading, so beaded some of the stuff. I thought it turned out really well.

I'll try to attach a picture.

Susan Hamilton

Millie

Grand Prairie, TX

post--13461904242177_thumb.jpg

Archived