NQR--quilt on my barn

• 10 months later...

Judi,

Wow, you guys really know how to bring the old ones up to date...I'll attach a picture of the whole thing. It's actually the side of the "shop" that we call a barn. I do have plans to paint another quilt beside this one sometime this month. There, I made the commitment and now I'm committed!:D

And yes, I plan to paint that round table too! Looks like a good month to do it. Quilting is a little slow so I have some down time.

How are you guys doing?

post--13461906677168_thumb.jpg

Charlene, I think that's why I did it. I, too, love to come upon those little treasures in the country. There's one in a neighboring community, Yamhill/Carlton, that is huge! right next to the road. One day I just happened to look up, DH driving, and couldn't believe what I was seeing. We turned around and went back for a double take. :D

This view is not easily seen from the road. You have to know where it is and look through the trees. In the winter you can see more with no leaves on the trees. The new one that I'm painting will be easy to see from the road.

Boni, I was curious about the process of Barn quilt painting & found a couple of You Tube videos & thought I would share one that I especially enjoyed, so very life like,, those kids are amazing!

Archived