NQR--quilt on my barn

Originally posted by RitaR

Oh Boni, that is great.. love the flowers in the stars. Could be a very pretty applique and pieced quilt too.

Would love to see it in cloth, On the Barn.. and in a quilt..

Hugs and Hi.. about nut time?

Thanks for all the compliments and humor! I needed that.

This block is actually pieced in real life. It's a block from Edy McGinnis' book called Sister Blocks. The little white petals are curved pieces attached to the yellow triangular points of the stars. The round circle is pieced also. Here is a picture of a block I made up a couple of years ago. Remember?

Rita, thanks---yes, the orchards are spotless and ready for the crop to fall. I love this time of year.

post--13461904673065_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by Janice

Very Nice, I applaud your ambition. It is looking great. Are you on a main road so lots of people will see it?

Janice,

This side of the barn faces our house. No one can see it unless they actually drive in and around the house. I did that on purpose. It's the first "quilt" I've painted. A couple of years ago I did the little man door, and I did a huge compass on the back of the barn/shop. I'm still in the experimenting stage. It has been fun and exciting to wake up, look out the window and see a bright and cheerful quilt to start my day.

Sylvia, I thought I might just "tie" this one! :P

Oooo, I love what you did with that door. So bright and cheery looking, makes me smile just to look at it. For a few years I've been thinking of doing something like this myself, but I'm too chicken to do it right on the door. I thought I would use some plywood, that way if I mess I'll just flip the board over and start again! LOL! Thank you so much for sharing and being such an inspiration. Love it! :cool:

Bonbon, I answered your U2U...I'd love to show it off. I didn't get to work on it much this weekend. . .and we have classes this week and next. . .otherwise, give me a call and let's do lunch.

LinneaMarie, yeah, I love the humor. I was thinking of doing something in the snowball blocks to fill in. I wish there was a paint pen with exterior paint to do some doodling with. This T111 siding eats up a sponge in no time, and my brushes don't cut a straight line very well. You just have to "drive by" on a galloping horse!:D

Archived