NQR - Prayer Request - Long - UPDATE

Just updating my last prayer request. We got everything moved, and are unpacking slowly. I had the angiogram this last Monday and tehy were unable to put in a stint. The artery is blocked 100%. I have a followup visit with the surgeon on the 23rd to discuss and schedule a bypass. He has already said they will go through next to my collarbone so that will be a quicker recovery time. I go back to work tomorrow. I still have to get through all the new changes there so please continure to remember me in your prayers!

Kenna, My thoughts and prayers are with you. My Dad is a heart patient (quad bypass many years ago). I hear really good things about the less-invasive bypass surgery that they are doing these days. The recovery time is much less. So good that the docs found this problem before something really bad happened. Let us know how you're doing and keep us posted. (((((Hugs)))))

PTL, the Surgeons were smarter than to try and force the stint in... not good results at all.. I too hear that the surgery by the collar bone is considerably easier, less invasive of course, and you heal quite fast compared to the standard bypass that use to be.

Prayers and good thoughts continue, of course.. Hugs too...

God Bless

Thank you all, you are the best! I'm really not down, just disappointed I think. I'm hoping that my vacation and sick time will cover all of this. My year just rolled over in August and I'm using it up fast. It just means I'll have to work straight through with no more time off until next August. Even with my Mother and I living together again it's still tight so the RA is just going to have to behave itself. I have no idea what I'll do when it comes time for infusions, the steroids associated with those knock me out of human contact for about three days each time! It'll all work out. And I am so blessed that things happened the way they did and they found this. I was not having any symptoms or indications that there was anything wrong. I'll keep you updated as I go.

I'm trying to find updates on Mary Beth's Mother and Heidi's MIL. I've lost track in the week I've been away from here.

Originally posted by kennan100

I'm trying to find updates on Mary Beth's Mother and Heidi's MIL. I've lost track in the week I've been away from here.

My Mom is doing much better. She is walking around the block now on her own. She has been release by the PT Rehab joint. Now it is just up to her to build herself back up.

Now we are worried about Jen and her pregnancy....she is at it again.

Originally posted by kennan100

Kenna,

Lots of prayers for you and I'm glad you gave us the update. I know it will be ok!!!! You are just so kind to even think about me and my MIL when you've got so much going on yourself! Thank you. Let's just say my MIL is a PITA and I'm still trying to adjust. She is thankfully much better health wise but she is so darn demanding and thinks that all my time is hers to with as she sees fit. Really it is more a struggle of getting used to somebody living with us. MIL went through a bad bought with being nasty to me and thankfully that ended about 2 weeks ago. I can't give up much more of the main floor of our house. I will not give up my kitchen or family room! I am forcing her to be more and more dependent but she gets really mad at me. She really has no physical problems and there is no reason why she can't do things for herself. I do all the cooking and cleaning. Actually she does make her own breakfast and lunch but dinner is on me. I'm still working a modified work schedule so that I can be home to help her with her showers. I really don't need to help her but she thinks I do! I keep hoping that it gets smoother. I find myself needing to be in my studio a lot!!!!

I'm so looking forward to going to Camp SonRise and then Houston. I think hubby will have a new appreciation of what I'm going through. Oh and MIL has to have cataract surgery on both eyes in Oct. Hopefully then she'll be able to see enough to clean! LOL

Take care of yourself! Be sure to keep us updated.

See? Sooo much going on ecerywhere! I'm glad all the Mom's are coming along, some slower than others! Mine is so determined to get unpacked I'm having a hard time keeping her out of my stuff! I keep telling her I need to know where my things are, not her! Kinda worried she might decide "you don't need that" and toss something I don't wsant tossed! Been there before!

Praying for all as ususal! (and twice for Jen!)

Archived