fishing for ideas....

i was just wondering if they were easy for other quilters to acquire. i have a good stash *shrug* just looking for ideas for future swaps....there are only so many fabric 'groupings' so i'm trying to think of some possiblities.

sylvia- i have a LQS that is very 'folksy' they carry everything 'traditional': homespuns, wool felt, civil war repros, and shirting prints....

i have no homespuns fabrics & even tho i can get them readily - i think i will pass. i'm just not a good enuf quilter to venture out into this uncharted territory.

but i love a churn dash so i would love to tune in to see what you all come up with.

does anybody have any color scheme suggestions...?

how bout this:

make black and white with an additional color. ie: a black and white fabric and yellow....everyones color would be different...call it the "Plus One" swap.....but what color to make the background....i could come up with a two fabric block (like a sawtooth star) make the background the B&W and the star the color....oh, i likey that idea

One swap that i was in a few years ago, was a "black & white & Bright swap". You use 2 black and white fabrics (one blacker and one whiter) and then any color that is a Bright. Sashings could be either black or white solid. I used my blocks from that to make a baby quilt and the little ones love the high contrast in the fabrics.

Archived