Carpel Tunnel surgery

I'm having Carpel Tunnel surgery on my left hand tomorrow. Please pray that my recovery is quick. I have lots of quilts to do and need to get them done so I can do stuff for me too. By the time March arrives my machine will be paid off. WHOOPEE!!!! So now I can afford me. Maybe I'll get some quilts done of mine this year I'm 5 grandchildren behind that don't have bed quilts.

Anyone for a UFO Challenge?

I shouldn't but will take the challenge on ONE quilt, for now. It is a lot of orphan and practice blocks, from 5"to I think the largest is 19", frame them and put them in a quilt top.. done by end of Jan. since I'm out of commission right now.

Will see if 2011 seems to be better for me, and add a few, if it is.

Carreen!:P:P:P

I am hoping your surgery went well today and that you are as comfortable as possible.

Everyone I know who has had this surgery is so happy when they are healed. My work buddy had both done a once--against the advice of her surgeon. She was fine, but had that "hiney-wiping issue" as well--and a very patient and helpful DH. Yes, they are still married!!:P

Heal quick and well, and I hope you will be back to doing all the things you love soon.

That has to be a Quilter's worst nightmare! I fear that after 20 years of repetitive factory work, plus all the stitching that I do, that type of surgery is in my future too. I will certainly keep you in my prayers and I hope you have a quick recovery. Details on the UFO Challenge? How long would we have? Do quilt kits count? Details? I'm in!

I had both hands done (not at the same time!:D) over 20 years ago. I operated presses in a factory. Best thing i ever did for myself. The pain prior to surgery was excrucaitng( at night while i tried to sleep). It took a while to get my dexterity back but the pain was GONE! You are in my prayers.

I'm saying some prayers for a speedy recovery. I have had both wrists done (not at the same time) a long time ago. I still remember the "fun" I had getting my bra on and the pantyhose in place. I also remember pushing my plate over to have someone cut my meat that Thanksgiving as the surgery on my right hand had only been two days earlier. I can laugh now but at the time it was kind of frustrating.

Pamela

Believe you me I was practicing the hinney wiping for the week. i'm still not happy with it, but i will have to do. It's my left hand so far not too bad, but I have to wear the wrappings for 2 weeks!!!! I'll Keep you all informed on the fustration level. What's awefull is the pain pills work the opposite on me - they make me want to get up and get busy. Talk about fustrating ..!@$%^$#@@!#^&&%^$#!

I will get back to everyone on the UFO Challenge - no Customer quilts. Our guild did it one year and boy did we have a lot of quilts for the show! I got over 10 done that year - FOR ME! Well... I gave most of them as gifts. I have at least 11 kids quilts to get done just for family and Friends this year alone.

Thank you one and all for your prayers and encouragement. "You'll never know what it means to me, just to know you've been on your knees for me, you have blessed my life ... more than you'll ever know." lyrics from a song by WATERMARK.

Archived