Meandering Magic 9 Patch- (pics)

Hi all, this is the last quilt I have to do for my guild's show in 3 weeks (except for my own, lol) I loved the flow in this quilt, and I had Suzanne Earley's book Meandering Magic and so I followed the instructions and feathered all over. In the field I used Rainbows #827 and then in the black borders I did the same quilting style in black thread so as not to messy it up too much. The polished cotton she used showed enough texture without seeing the thread...........

BTW, if you're in Chicago near the end of the month, please look hear for details about our show (457 quilts!) www.prairiestar.net Thanks!;)

Very Nice Caron!

It is really pretty and does have a great flow! I like how you changed to black for the outer area. I agree that the variegated would be too much.

I can see you marked the spine in the black area, did you also mark the center? Or did you just "wing it" ?

Great job!!!!

Patty

Caron, I love your quilt! I also really love Suzanne's book. It really does a great job explaining doing the all over feather meander and over the top feathers. I have done several of the patterns that are in the book! You can't beat easy and looks good from the front of the machine and you can still charge the basic panto price. My customer's are loving the stuff I do from the book. I love it because I don't have to mess around with lining up the pantos.

Diane

Woohoo Caro, that's goegeous! I might even give something like that a try. It looks easy yet so beautiful.

I love the threads you used on the backing...makes those feather pop right out.

Where you used the black thread in the borders, did you also use black in the bobbin? How did that look on the back?

Rita

Caron: What a lovely quilt! Someday I hope to attain such precision. Now----to the more immediate problem. I was oiling my machine in the hook area. I thought it was off and as I wiped the excess oil away with a piece of batting:(

The machine took off and wrapped the batting in a tight wad. Well I finally got the piece of batting out and now my needle does not come down into the bobbin without interferring with the bobbin rotation. I do not know what to do. Please help! I now realize how stupid I was but.....Fortunately nothing hit while the needle was running automatically....just turning by hand.

JoEllen, I don't know what to tell you other than to try and work it free with a tweezers. Try and post this problem on Machines and Maintenance, there are people that read that that know how to deal with that kind of stuff......

Regarding thread, I used rainbows top and bottom in the center, and So Fine black on the outside border with a prewound black C&C in the bobbin...........

• 4 weeks later...

Archived