Last two projects

The Gummie Dots I did bead board in the outer border, pebbles in the black background, and a little loop thing in the arcs, cc' in the 4 patch.

The StitchersGarden I tried to keep a running theme by repeating certain elements, but changing thigs up as well to keep the eye moving. I also took this class, a BMO at the LQS. Mine is not finished, but is at the top of the UFO pile.....

My camera does not seem to be taking very good pictures, these are the best of all the ones I took, the quilts have already left the house.

Libby, I am not really sure how I came up with it, the fabric did have something to do with the background pebbles,...the rest just happened. SOmetimes i look at a top and know right away, other times I draw a blank and need to ask for help, and sometimes once I get started, something will just pop into my head......

I love the gummy dots, fabrics and your quilting really go well together. I also like the BOM, but it's hard to see your quilting on that one. Great job. :D

When I take pictures (and I'm by no means a pro at that) I try and have one light source off to the side of the quilt (open window, strong lamp, etc) and then stand where I can see the texture of the quilting the best, usually on the other side from the light and then take the picture. If I try and get the whole quilt straight on, it is very hard to see the stitching especially if the thread is matching the fabric. A while back there was a thread here about taking good pictures, can anyone remember that one. I can't remember who posted it, but it was good suggestions. :)

Archived