Romancing the Stone - Going to Paducah

I don't post too often here, but I just had to share this with you.

Many of you might remember the wholecloth quilt that I started several years ago and finished last fall. In the Des Moines show last fall the quilt was awarded Best of Show and Best Machine Quilting. Judges wrote on the comments sheet that they thought the quilt should be entered into Paducah. So I did.

Well... I just learned today that the quilt was juried into Paducah!! I don't care if it doesn't win anything, I'm just excited and humbled to be part of the show.

Debbi

Originally posted by quiltmonkey

Debbi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

I am so SOOOOO happy for you.

Can you post some photos of Romance? You know I named it so I deserve to see pics. :)

Love ya girl!

PS: Call me some time...

You're right, you did name it!! I remember having it in a hotel room and looking at it with you. Is that when we came up with a name?? I'll post some pics tonight after I get home.

I still have a note on my computer to call you from several months ago. Work has just been very, very busy lately. 50-70 hours per week then quilting on top of that. Sometimes I feel like a walking zombie. :)

Guest Linda S

Congratulations Debbi! As I said on someone else's post, as far as I'm concerned, just getting a quilt accepted to Paducah is winning in my book. You do such lovely work, I'm so pleased for you.

Ahhhh and there it is... ROMANCE......

Ooooh BABY! It's gorgeous! :)

I really like your feathers and how you designed them to spring off of other feathers. Really eye catching! And, I love luv love luv LOVE all of the crystals;;; I'll bet it's super sparkly, shimmery and razzle-dazzling against the direct the lighting! Definitely an Eye popping; jaw dropping show stopping piece of art.

You definitely Romanced them-there stones, girl!

I know you have spent countless hours on this and it is a long time coming. Finally!! :) So proud of you Deb.

Archived