Crash....Sudden Stop!!!

So much for my playing with "Milla"! :( I was humming right along and all of a suddening CRASH, the front end of "Milla" dropped down onto the carriage!

Look at what happened to my wheel!

2737858190105338396S200x200Q85.jpg

The Woman I purchased my Millie from had only done 6 quilts on the machine. She decided she didn't like the quilting part, just the piecing. So "Milla" sat for a long time with no use. With all that sitting her wheels dried out.

Good thing I purchased M & M wheels already!:D I wanted to try "Milla" out with the old wheels first, then change them out with the new and see the difference. So I am changing them sooner than expected (only two wheels left to change). Good thing I only had a piece of muslin on the frame.:D

Originally posted by Liam1964

Question: For those of you who have installed the M & M wheels, what is a good height for the leveler bar? My bar is touching the bed of the machine right now. Thanks.

I installed the M&Ms myself. I found I needed to raise the front (top) bar and the levelor bar about 1/4" from where they were originally installed. My Hartley base was hitting on them. Love the wheels !!!!

Iraised mine about a 1/4" , like Vivian, but I now find that the hartley base stll its on the bars. I think I am going to raise them up a liitle more, like Heidi suggested.

glad to hear you were a boy scout, always preapred, and you will have no down time.

Well for those of you that havn't made the jump over to M&M wheels, you can just turn the factory wheel over. I have one on my UI and it runs nice and smooth with the other side broken. Just make sure that the break didn't go all the way though. zeke..............

Archived