block swap???

I'm a newbie and would like to join in the fun. I say no to signing the blocks as well. If people really want to know where the blocks came from I guess we could put our name on each of the 20 blocks with a piece of paper and a pin. This way nobody has to worry about keeping lists and we know who helped make out quilt!!

Looking forward to more information.

Thanx!

KathyD:D

Originally posted by mamu

I want to be clear on the colors we are to use...cream for background with navy blue, barn red, hunter green, cheddar, ....are there any other colors allowed?

the background has to be cream/natural tone-on-tone print.

you can use any other 'traditional' colors you want, but no black or brown...

Well duh, when I first looked at the pattern I had this idea and color scheme in my head and I was thinking I didn't like red and blue because it would be too "patriotic" looking and I didn't like red and green because it would be too "Christimas" looking and then today I peeked at the pattern again and lo and behold had a whole different color scheme come to mind. Still using the cream, cheddar, navy blue, hunter green and/or barn red. Funny how that happens.

I'm in. I still have the 30's and fall blocks from a couple years ago, OK so it was three years ago. It's time to start another one. I can do it I can do it I can do it... Thanks Shannon!

No signing blocks, no prewashing

Do you mind if I put a little signature on a seam allowance on the back? Not showing through...??

Originally posted by Boni

Do you mind if I put a little signature on a seam allowance on the back? Not showing through...??

i have put in the instructions to staple a small slip of paper with all your info (name, city and state) to the block, that way everyone will have proper 'documentation' of who made each block they receive after the swap

seemed the simplest and easiest way.

Archived