block swap???

are y'all ready to do another block swap???

i'm thinking 'traditional' colors (navy blue/barn red/cheddar/hunter green/etc) with a cream/natural background....it's a 12" fin block and we'll be making them in sets of 20. they're easy to sew- simple HSTs....

i'll do my usual and post a pdf link for how to make it with all the yardage and directions....

so do you wanna play???

post--13461906414232_thumb.jpg

I'd like to play again. I love my spinning stars quilt! I would like, when you post the fabric requirements, would you please post pictures of the fabrics you have in mind. I think of barn red as a really dark (almost wine) red. You may have in mind more of a fire engine red. I want to get it right. Shannon, I have fun with you swaps.

okay- deadline: it is summer and many are busier than usual...would two months be enough time? so the deadline would be the end of august...

rules for the newbies (yay for newbies): you make the required number of blocks (this time 20. the number can different each time) with all of the same fabric and mail them to me (with a SASE) by the deadline. i will post yardage and sewing directions. then i swap everyones blocks and mail you back 20 different ones made from everyone who participated in the swap. so you make 20 of the same and get back 20 that are all different. you can make more than one set, but each set has to be made from completely different fabrics/colors..i will also share the directions/yardage for making a quilt or you can do your own thing....

you guys want to sign the blocks this time???

That sounds great! Count me in. I like the idea of a note with the names, etc. so we can print it off and use as a label on the back. One would think that being unemployed, I'd have all the time in the world. I'm getting caught up on all the things that have been left untouched for the last ????? years since we built this house. I will definitely make time for this!

Sheryl

I would like to try this too. So we make a block for each person in the swap (currently 20?) all looking the same with the same fabric, send to you and you then switch them out and send back the same abount of blocks so we end up with one block from each participant. Am I getting this right? and we have two months to do this.....what if we are a bit later than two months getting them done?:o

I also like the idea of having everyones names on a label for the back. I think that would make the front of the quilt a bit nicer looking and then I would still have the names of everyone that I got a block from.

2 months...easy blocks...one would hope i could pull myself together for this???

i'm not sure...maybe...probably....yikes! i still have all the friendship block pieces in a bin from the last swap.

since i'm wishy washy, my vote probably doesn't count, but, just in case, i'm a NO vote for signing.

and i think a list is just one more thing for doodlebug to do, plus she sends different blocks to everyone so that would be a POOPY DRAG for her to try and keep track of. really how many of us are going to actually use it, anyway?

if everyone really wants to know, then why not post a pic of our blocks before we send em in and we can figure it out for ourselves?

when did i become such a bossy thing? oh wait - i remember....the day i was born. ;)

Archived