finally feeling human

So the surgery was 9 days ago and I feel sooooo much better than last week. For the first 5 days I pretty much wanted to die. I went into this surgery thinking it would be like the c sections.....NOT!!:P

:PAnyway, I am feeling much more myself now and can't wait to get back to the machine. (I'll be on her today!!!) How long did you girls wait before you could drive?? I need my haircut sooo bad but not sure if I should get behind the wheel.

Tracey

The pain wasn't even from the incision. I had so much gas that I actually looked about 7 months pregnant. It was awful. I walked and walked and drank gallons of peppermint tea but to no avail. I'm still bloated but not nearly as bad as lat week. Thanks for the kind thoughts girls.

Tracey

Originally posted by Tracey

The pain wasn't even from the incision. I had so much gas that I actually looked about 7 months pregnant. It was awful. I walked and walked and drank gallons of peppermint tea but to no avail. I'm still bloated but not nearly as bad as lat week. Thanks for the kind thoughts girls.

Tracey

Oh that part does hurt. It has to come out through the skin and it normally exits in my shoulders. Hurts really bad. I'm usually done with that pretty quickly though, maybe 3 days. Sorry to hear yours is lasting. If it is fluid build-up try drinking water with fresh squeezed lemon. That will help you loose the water weight.

Tracy, so happy to hear that your surgery went well and you are starting to feel better! My shoulders ached really bad from the gas for about 5 days and then it slowly went away. Hope the bloating passes quickly. My doctor said no driving for two weeks, and then only right here in town, no highway driving. He said that if I would have to slam on the brakes, that I could tear everything loose on the inside................so be sure and follow your doctor's orders and you'll be up to full speed in no time!

yup 2 weeks, but I milked it, lol made my DH & kids wait on me hand and foot for 4 weeks :D:P:D:P My doctor laughed when I told her that I was using this as an excuse to take an in home vacation..she said if she would have known before surgery she would have scheduled the removal of my ovaries a year later so I could have another vacation the following year. As for the water weight mine showed up two days after surgery and only lasted 3 days, I drank lots of water to help flush the excess water/bloat away and it did wonders for the gas and the constipation that came with it due to surgery.

Glad your doing better.

Really two weeks....boy i'm glad I didn't know that....I had such an easy one like Heidi I was up and went grocery shopping after 4 days...didn't do the lifting, but pushed the cart and drove myself. Glad you are feeling better, and now I feel cheated...I had the chance to play the damsel in distress and blew it. Now i'm bummed.

Archived