Circles...not pebbles

Hi all! hey, do any of you have some tips on how to do small circles and make them "perfect" ... I know that they won't be EXACTLY perfect, but look like it... I mean the small circles that you put in open spines and such... not the ones that are bigger that I can use a ruler for.... thanks....

Guest Linda S

I find I get them to be pretty round when I plant my elbows on my top roller and just use my wrist to maneuver the handles. Of course, my M&M wheels help alot!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Linda :D:D:D:D:D:D

I mark them if they are going in a spine, make your first circle then follow along side of the spine to make the second etc..... this way you are connecting the circle in the spine and not on top of each other. then come back down the other side of the spine........ put little drag on your top (quilt), use tiny stitches, and go slow....

This is how Sharon showed me how to make perfect circles in a spine. Mine use to look like eggs .....:P Now I can make the circles without the template unless I want them really perfect.

I hope this helps......;)

post--13461906722963_thumb.jpg

linda try to go faster instead of slowly, I think you have better control if you don't try to go too slow, I guess you might say the speed keeps the momentum going more circular instead of flattening out also i think like with pebbles you have to make sure to come back to the same starting point kind of like on a line so that it doesnt start looking more like a tear drop if you follow what I am trying to explain. :o

Thanks this helped me. I was playing (practicing) yesturday and noticed that almost all of my circles looked a little square no matter what size I made. But on the up side the feathers are looking better. :) My problem is that I go too fast on the circles so Dawn told me that I either had to slow down or turn my SR off all my curves looked like the sun on the back not good.:(

Archived