What is your most favorite fabric??

I was doing a name tag to put on a qult that I giving to a friend, and I looked at the quilt and said,

I love that fabric, it is reproduction of the 20's30's or 40's, not sure, (I am to young!!!:D:D)but it is so bright and happy looking, just makes you feel good when you look at it.

I will post a picture later, I am up and the quilt is down, but

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FABRIC STYLE???

post--13461906728317_thumb.jpg

Guest Linda S

I have a deep obsession with Moda fabrics, especially anything made by Joanne Figueroa of Fig Tree Quilts, or by 3 Sisters. It seems lately that they keep coming out with collection after collection and, now that I'm retired, I'm finding it so hard to conserve my money and not buy!

That's a dilema for me. Every day is a new day, and a new collection of fabric catches my eye.;) I have to stay off the web sites, cause if it's on sale, and I like it, I buy it! My husband has decreed I must make a couple of the quilts I have laying around before I can buy more. Guess that just means I need to sew faster!:P:P

Must be the same as Linda. When I look at the stash it is mostly darks with some mediums, and a lot of the fall colors. I'm forcing myself to make one (but it will end up being two) quilts with '30's reproduction fabrics. The first quilt has been started and I have to say the colors, mixed with Snow Kona, look so crisp and fresh, that it does have appeal. And I love batiks. I find it hard to cut my fabric, any one else have that problem?

Suzan, this quilt is very cheerful and lovely, and the Sunbonnet Sue embroidery is too cute!

I love blue batiks. My wedding quilt was almost entirely made out of blue batiks (even the back!), and because I changed designs a bit, I ended up with some significant leftovers, so now I've done four other quilts out of the remnants. It took every bit of willpower I had today to walk out of one of my LQSs without buying *more* of them. I've also fallen absolutely in love with sweetwater's "hometown" line for moda, and my wonderful husband bought me a fat quarter bundle of them :)

I love them all...... but tend to lean towards soft sea greens & blue, soft peach or rose, blue & yellow for the summer months and winter I go with the deeper colors. Love blue & white or red & white...... Love florals ...... YEP! I love them all..........

Suzan, love the repro quilt it would go with my grandmothers antique sewing machine. I'm sure your friend will love it. ;)

It took me long time to like batiks, when they first came out I really didn't like them at all, but now I think they are beautiful, I have to be careful here, don't always know where the fabric comes from and some of them are really awful, I try and order in the US then wow, the surprise when I open the package and see all those beautiful colors!!!

Archived