Kay has exciting news.. WITH PHOTOS NOW!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Updated with photos below....

Lol...bit premature...this is what I wrote to Linzi, Janettte and Kath....But I will update tomorrow (hopefully with photos) when I see for myself....bit stunned, first time I've entered anything except cakes and homemade wine at our local show and that was years ago!

This is the Scottish Quilt Championships in Edinburgh (Ingliston).

"Well, I think I just won three, 'yes three' firsts,

I was in a bit of a blurr, when the phone rang coz for some reason I thought the quilt show started today....so thought I hadn't won anything, but no, it starts tomorrow.

I had planned to go tomorrow anyway and will have to pick up quilts on Sunday and do my hair for photos and prize giving?????

I think,

1st for bed quilt (The Victorian Lady)

1st for small wall hanging (Flourish)

And I'm sure he said 1st for machine quilting (Flourish)....now if that is true that must be Longarm quilting coz that's what I put on my Artist statement....I'll know for definite tomorrow!

WooHoo!"

Originally posted by Borderline Quilter

I had planned to go tomorrow anyway and will have to pick up quilts on Sunday and do my hair for photos and prize giving?????

I think,

1st for bed quilt (The Victorian Lady)

1st for small wall hanging (Flourish)

And I'm sure he said 1st for machine quilting (Flourish)....now if that is true that must be Longarm quilting coz that's what I put on my Artist statement....I'll know for definite tomorrow!

WooHoo!"

Congratulations, it is possible you've won machine quilting. It doesn't often go to a longarmer but it can do. If they have a longarm category though that would be more likely. I'm glad I didn't get my entry in, it sounds like there would have been some very tough competition ;) I hope you won't be entering next year :)

BTW they will repeat the awards for you if you ask them to, they understand shock :) I had to ask 3 times when leather start won at Harrogate.

Ferret

Archived