Local quilt shops

After reading Anne from Guam's post about wholesale fabric and the lack of a quilt shop near her, I had to count.

I came up with at least 30 local quilt shops within about 60 miles from me and I think there could be more. That number doesn't include any of the chain stores, just the independents. I think I need to remember how blessed I am!

How many are near you?

So Lynne, how far into the border did your 60 miles go? I know of 5 that I could get to on my way to cross the border to go see yours!! That is only one direction. I could triple that number if I made a full 360 degree circle from my home. The interesting part is that there is usually only one that I go to, the others just aren't in the travel path of business that I do. So nice they all are there, though.

Our little town was without a fabric shop for two years....just when I started my longarm business. But fortunately that didn't effect my business as the local quilters had lots of projects for me to quilt, thank goodness for fabric stashes! We have learned to shop online and go on road trips...closest quilt shop is 400km away. Now a little fabric/craft shop just opened in our town this year so we do have some fabric again but it is a limited selection.

We only have 5 that I know of,. none in our town, only one within 30 miles.. pretty sad.. Walmart stopped their fabrics, leaving school and 4H kids with no where to shop within a reasonable distance.

How we pray one will open, or Walmart will at least carry flat folds.

Two locally plus a Joanne's. Within an hour to an hour and a half, there are too many to count. We also go to San Diego to visit our son and his family and there are many there, some quite close to their house (Quilt in a Day) is just 10 min. away. When DH goes golfing, I can hit a number of them in 5 hours. It is such good fun!

Marilyn

Guest Linda S

The Willamette Valley corridor of Oregon is packed full of quilt shops. We are very blessed indeed. Within a sixty mile radius, we have about 26, and that is not counting Jo Anns, Walmart, and Hancocks.

Archived