BobbinCam! MOUNTING PHOTOS ADDED

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by SewWhatsUp

Doesn't attaching with velcro mean the camera would shake around under operation? Can you only see the stitches clearly when the machine is at rest?

You are definitely better off to stop and look at the stitches. In fact, I turn the monitor off while I'm quilting as it can make you a bit sea sick if you watch it. lol

Originally posted by Sharon M

Hi Matt, great info, thanks! I've been asking my computer-geek-son-in-law to rig up something like this for me, but looks like this might solve my problem and save him alot of time....

I noticed your reply on another thread about PantoVision, and saw your interest there... so my question is.... what if I wanted the bobbin cam AND the PantoVision?? ....too much stuff on my Millie??? where would it all go?

I am going to try and run both on my rental lenni first then the millie. I'll let you know how it works.. I think the both would be in your sight line if you put the bobbincam monitor on the back half of your Millie.

I have been tring to send emails out and I am not on my net work so they are not going out. To everyone that has beeb emailing me about the BobbinCam your reply to your questions will be sent Sunday when I return home.

Matt I am sending u a u2u

Here is some info

The BobbinCam was designed to mount on almost any Quilting machine. Is has a small camera mounted on the lower arm near the bobbin (bottom side). There is an option for a second camera on the other side (lower also) or looking at the needle (top side). One lower camera stays mounted and the cable for the other camera is re-routed and plugs into the upper camera when needed.

The system mounts with self-adhesive pads so there is no drilling or anything defacing of the machine. This makes it good when you up-grade machines you can move the BobbinCam to the new machine. Must caution the adhesive is very sticky and once it is placed it is difficult to remove.

The monitor can be swiveled for when doing pangrams when using the upper camera to see the needle work. The monitor also has adjustments for color, brightness, contrast and images flip.

I have an older Ultimate 11 machine where Intelestitch was added and that housing is on top of the machine..it is rounded. I noticed from the pictures that the monitor is mounted to a flat surface.

Is there anyway that this could be mounted to a rounded surface?

Originally posted by mamu

I have an older Ultimate 11 machine where Intelestitch was added and that housing is on top of the machine..it is rounded. I noticed from the pictures that the monitor is mounted to a flat surface.

Is there anyway that this could be mounted to a rounded surface?

Kevin will come up with another mounting bracket for you :) Email him and ask.

Alright this is just totally freaking interesting to me!!! Sounds too good to be true but I'm emailing this guy. I have a dinasaur Gammill and it's hard as heck to climb under there,stick my head up through the rollers, holding a flashlight in one hand and using my other hand to balance my fat self on lol. It's just too much!

Let's see what happens..Amie:o

Hi,

I can see where it would be possible to do pantographs from the front of machine if the 2nd camera is focused on the laser, while the laser is focused on the pantograph at the back of the machine. Best of both worlds for those of us who have a lot invested in paper pantos and can't afford the pantovision just yet. The cost of a second camera with Kevins system would be worthwhile just for this advantage.

Debbie

Guest Linda S

Sounds great, but my question is, do you have to take off your extended base to see what's going on? I realize you'd have to sew farther away from your point of origin (as i do now) to see what you've done, but is the camera mountable near the edge of an extended base or can you angle it so as to see farther away from the original throat plate?

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by quietlifeaz

Can you add pictures of where the cameras are mounted.

I see the tablet on top....but I can not make out where the camera is.

Thanks

Yes, please post pics of underneath the machine where the camera is located! My back is saying "Get It, Get it" lol

Sorry but we have removed all our thread cutters from our machines to reduce weight (we had to order new ruler bases to fit). Was a bit hesitant but never used the cutters anyway. This makes taking photos of it impossible.

If you want to install the camera beside the thread cutter, nothing changes with regard to these photos. You still have the option of installing with any of these brackets. Your camera view will be 4-5 inches to the left of the needle instead of 1" without the thread cutter.

Thanks Matt. I use my thread cutter all the time. I'm at work so I want to compare your pics with my "gator" with IQ.

The camera looks like it wouldn't weigh enough for IQ to pick-up as an obstruction. My IQ motors are on the left so I'll also have to look at putting it on the right side. You have me thinking.

Archived