Solution to duplicating old quilting

My friend needed to make a 3rd pillow sham for her daughter's now larger king size bed that she had someone else quilt the first two a few years ago and now wanted me to quilt the new one "just the same". So pondering how to mimic the old quilting, I remembered the thread about how to showcase your pantographs and used the same theory. I cut a page protector up to fold it out flat, placed it on top of the old pillow sham and used a marker to trace the quilting pattern onto the transparency. Now I have a "pantograph" to use to quilt the new pillow sham. She'll never know how I did it and will be quite pleased! :P:P:P

Originally posted by Ardelle Kerr

Love it....:cool::cool::cool: That old thread was mine, so cool seeing the idea expanded!

Yes, thanks Ardelle for the original posting on the pantos! Love to be able to feed off each other's ideas. Hope others can benefit, too.

a photocopy of a quilt block inserted into the page protector is a good 'doodle sheet' with wipe-off pens.

Or you can steal the kid's crayola washable markers.

I've used a pc of glass over my block. (but it was MY block and the glass did not have any sharp edges..they were beveled.)

Archived