Sunbonnet Cats and Celtic Quilt

thanks everyone.

things are settling down just a tad at home. taylor is settling in to her online schooling...so that gives me a little time to quilt. I must say though...this quit sat idle on my frame for nearly 2 months. ugh!

for the border i used my paisley rulers and just shifted the direction every 6 or so inches...then went back and stitched the arc until it met the crossing line. clear as mud?? i do not recommend using them though because without registration lines...it is difficult to keep consistent widths of lines. fortunately...once she washes the quilt...the border will look better and more precise.

Originally posted by Borderline Quilter

Great quilting but what's with the Sunbonnet Cats ad how do they end up with Celtic applique is there a connection.....lol....?

No idea kay. My friend loves cats. She made the top, so not sure if it was a pattern, or she combined two patterns to create one quilt. I seem to think the latter, because the background fabrics are slightly different on the celtic knots than the cats. Lets just say it made it interesting to come up with quilting designs that fit what she had in mind.

She loved it and thought I hit the nail on the head...so I was happy.

Archived