Dear Santa

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I LOVE YOU ALL!

Yes that Oxy Clean guy needs to go! But what about that Relacore commercial! We have a DVR. I record EVERYTHING so I can fast forward through the commercials!

I would know exactly what to do with George and Mathew, Vince, 007, and Mark Walberg (I just pretend he is a little taller)!

I like many of you, I do not NEED a thing! I am grateful everyday for my great life. My wonderful husband spoils me ROTTEN! Everyone here that knows me will attest to what a brat I am! I truly do appreciate all that I do have which by no means is everything but enough for anyone. We like a lot of you have had some pretty crazy things happen in our family. Makes me thankful. When I think of the things that other families don't have I can't complain!

Having said that, LOL, My GREATEST dream of all time is to be a passenger in an F-15!! I will not throw up! I will not pass out! I would do ANYTHING legal to be able to do this! PLEASE SANTA!

Also, I would love bolts of every Sew Batik fabric, to be able to digitize with a wave of a wand, sing like Celine, wake up knowing a couple of new languages, and travel by private jet (no more commercial!) to Egypt to see the pyramids, Niagara Falls, Paris, Italy, Greece, Spain, and the Atlantis resort in the Bahamas.

You asked!

Now I do know what I would do with Tom Selleck and would have a smile on my face for say 15 years......just to watch that man set a horse makes my heart beat.

Now that we have decided to off the OXY Dude, and blast the Relecore commericals, can I add one more.....What about the "Head On' commerical.....that one really takes the cake.

I would like to ditto all the thread requests (bushels would be wonderful), plus a few rolls of batting and room full of fabric. I know that after our "beginers" class on Friday I am going to be wishing for more classes. I would not my list of wants to cause to anyone think I am not grateful through each day for all of the good that we experience continually. I wish that everyone had life at least as good as we have it. May you all experience the best of your wishes.

What I want and what I need are 2 different things. I want a compuquilter, a circle lord, tons of superior thread, classes, classes and more classes, my dog to settle down, the sewing room finished........but what I want most of all, TIME! I want more time to sew and quilt! Actually, if I don't get any of the above, I'll still feel blessed!

PS...Clooney is over-rated! When I was young and cute (instead of old and fat) I dated someone famous. It's not much fun when you can't even have dinner out w/o tons of people interupting you. Then you have to put up with groopies handing him their phone numbers on a pair of panties, or a room key right in front of you like you weren't even there!:P

This has been a great thread ladies! My comments as attached:

For Christmas I want:

My best friend's son to come home safely from IRAQ.

My fat cat to lose just a bit more weight

My feathers to stop looking so much like lumpy potatoes

My Blessings list:

My DVR (fast forward thru oxy guy, pause on George!)

My Bessie (millenium) I still feel so guilty for the extravagance but it's WONDERFUL

My DSO (significant other) the most understanding man on earth

Great blessings this year for me. Two children married and one who was drinking went in a rehab and has been there since August. It seems to be working. I celebrate that as the most wonderful thing to happen in a long while. A new grand child too. You know how special that is.

I hope Santa will come and cut a big hole in my quilting room so that poor (Grandma) my machine can spread out a little. She is crammed in on an angle and it's a squeeze to get in and out. I won't wish for more fabric as I might be a glutton already. I don't have a DH so I might wish for one but only if he would be nice to my dog and me. Merry Christmas to all and may your tension be perfect and your needles never break. Happy LAing in 2007.

The one I hate is Sally Fields and her bone pills. She has to have a calendar to remember when to take them? Right! You know she has servants in her home and her doctor probably makes house calls, lol.

All I want for Christmas is for my family to get along. The most absurd "war" is going on because one of my sisters asked to borrow a large amount of money from me, and I refused (to make a long story short). She wanted the money to buy a used car from my brother, so he is mad at me too. It is crazy! They won't speak to me and haven't for about 6 months. They are mad at our other sister for just as goofy a reason. We weren't invited for Thanksgiving and they won't do Christmas at Mom's if we are there. It is just insane. I can hardly believe it is even happening. We are a Christian family -- at least, I thought we were.:(

I would be so happy if all that is resolved by Christmas. It will be a miracle, for sure.

Hugs, Joy

I would wish for my husband to be alive again. He was killed by a drunk driver 18 months and 4 days and 10 hours ago. One of the last things he was planning to do was add onto our home and build the craft room of my dreams big enough for the LA machine that we had tested in Rochester. I do have the Millie, if only I could have him here with me...~*sigh*~

Well, Santa came early in my house!

I got a new Millie & a Compuquilter! And a 10.5 x 30 foot room! And lots of classes! I've been very blessed to have a DH that supports my addiction to fabric & quilting. When I retire, I want to be a teacher. I'm on my second career (I retired from the Navy 8 years ago) and doing well. My DH is lucky too, since we've been together, we've been able to start a small landscaping business and his "toys" cost a lot more than mine (thank goodness he doesn't really know how much fabric I have--just wait until the new room is done--then he'll know--lots & lots of trips up & down the stairs!

Happy Holidays to all my new friends and family members. I hope to have a "baby" shower for my friends to meet my new baby. I'm still deciding on a name.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I appreciate it more than you know. I had always thought that if the day ever came where I'd be alone without the love of my life, I would just take to the bed and never get out of it again. My husband would tell me that I was a strong woman and could do just about anything, this past year has been a nightmare that I just can't wake up from, but I have four great kids that depend on me and they keep me going. There is not a day that goes by that I don't miss him or think of him a zillion times, on the 12th it would be our 25th wedding anniversary. I am designing a quilt in honor of that day, it will keep me warm at night and focusing on that will keep my hands busy and thats a good thing!

Archived