Can I winge please?

I bought a whole pile of new rulers and gadgets. I paid extra for the shipping so they would be here before the next show on the calendar. Everything worked out and I have them here. Unfortunately I can't hear the door bell when the machine is running so I couldn't play this morning, but after my delivery arrived I thought I could play. It seems that hitting my head on the car this morning has left me shaky enough I can't use the rulers :( Can I sulk now. I know it will sort itself out but tomorrow I am teaching then I have to do prep work for the show. Why did I have to hurt myself the day I could play.

Oh and I'm bored now :)

Ferret

Sorry to hear of your bang on the head.... hope you are not too bored still. It used to be my idea of heaven to be able to sit and relax and read a magazine or a book (that was before my back and neck was an issue though.... now I can't sit still and comfortable for more than 15 minutes before hurting so bad...

Hope you recovered enough to have a little play with your new toys...:)

That's what I concluded Lyn. The fact that I felt OK but it hurt more after a few hours was the tip off :( Given how bad our local hospital is, I'll see how things are in the morning, but from past experience they won't be interested unless there are still problems in a few days.

Ferret

Ferret, you remind me of the "rule" for getting to go to the hospital when my siblings and I were injured kids. Mom was an emergency room nurse, so she knew that we weren't going to die for our injuries. We always seemed to have to sleep on our injuries, and we always seemed to be broken the next day when we'd go to the doctor.

If you have a concussion, I think that you need to have someone waking you up every couple of hours or so. Is there someone who can look out for you?

Yes, have osmeone wake you evefy so often thru the night and no pain relievers to mask the symptoms. My Grandson was out of hockey for 10 weeks with headaches from what looked like a mild injury. Head injuries aren't anything to fool around with.

Tet was right I wasn't going to be up early to teach but I feel much better today. The lump is still tender but my train of thought is behaving now. I hope I can play with the long arm today, but I will run a few errands first. With supervision :)

Yes it was a very solid thump. I was aiming to pick something up from the floor of the car and hit my head on the edge of the door frame instead. being an older car it has a little gutter there so the whole impact will have been on a 2" x 1/4" area at best and as I was aiming for my head to stop about 2' later that wasn't ideal :(

I think I will try not to do that again :)

Ferret

Archived