NQR weight loss

I am glad you brought this back up, I was wondering how everyone was doing. Well, I have actually made it to my goal weight and lost 20 pounds, and now the hard part starts, maintaining this loss. I am sure we have all been there before, we lose and gain at least that is what happens to me. All I did was count calories, go to the gym before work, and I walked for 30 minutes during my lunch period. I am very proud of myself!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is all about the portion control and exercise; I know this, yet it doesn't seem to help. I'm riding about 50-60 miles a week on my bike, lifting weights and being more aware of what I'm eating. Apparently, I'm not being aware enough. I'm not gaining, but I haven't even put a scratch in the 30 lbs I want to lose.

I'm going to look at the different things people are doing here and maybe I'll be like Heidi and be able to tell you all how much weight I've lost in the next few months. Maybe...:o

Originally posted by DoryJM

It is all about the portion control and exercise; I know this, yet it doesn't seem to help. I'm riding about 50-60 miles a week on my bike, lifting weights and being more aware of what I'm eating. Apparently, I'm not being aware enough. I'm not gaining, but I haven't even put a scratch in the 30 lbs I want to lose.

I'm going to look at the different things people are doing here and maybe I'll be like Heidi and be able to tell you all how much weight I've lost in the next few months. Maybe...:o

Dory, I believe it is a lot more what you eat than how much. That has held true for me. As soon as I cut out grains (including wheat), legumes, sugar, dairy and alcohol, I had a dramatic decrease in size and body composition. I don't count calories or how much I eat. I eat 3 good meals per day with very little urge to snack. It is very interesting to me and I could go on forever. But let me stop here and encourage all who are struggling to get the weight off to look into paleo. It works. ;)

Originally posted by lisae

Bringing this back to the top...how is everyone doing? ....... How about it, how are you doing with your own challenge?

I'm still hanging in there! :) I'm sticking to lots of lean meats, veggies, and limiting the bread, rice & taters. Every once in a while I have a treat. I'm down close to 40 and I'm fitting into my old size 8-10 jeans so I am a happy girl.

Hi I'm so glad to hear everyone is still working toward their weight loss goals. I've been following the Wheat Belly diet for the past 3 weeks but so far I have only lost about 4 pounds. My husband on the other hand has lost 12 pounds already. I've completely given up all wheat products and I am watching my carbs closely. I have started walking on my treadmill, which sits next to my Long-arm machine, before I let myself start quilting. I am up to 20 minutes at a time. My knee has been bothering me so I started out slowly. However, I have really lost my feeling that I have to snack all the time. I've started cooking fresh vegetables and grilling my meats for lunch and dinner instead of eating frozen dinners from the microwave. Thanks Heidi and Patty for the encouragement to try cooking again.

All of you are encouraging me to stick with this program. In October I am going to California for my parents 60th wedding anniversary celebration and I want to try to get down at least 10 more pounds. I still have 50 more pounds to lose, but 10 would make me happy. Thank you for bringing this post up again. And keep up the good work!:)

Great job, everyone! High fives to all who have met or are working towards their goal!

Stick with it, you will get there!

Shana, 40 lbs is awesome. And you look awesome in the picture you posted the other day. Way to go, girl!

Debbie, I started out reading and following Wheat Belly. My friend then got me interested in the Paleo/Primal lifestyle. It just makes sense to me.

And Anne...finally someone else who has drunk the kool-aid. Not real kool-aid, that

would not be Paleo! ;)

Lisa thanks for bringing this back up to the top. I was going to the other day and then things got crazy. Everybody is doing wonderful! Shana yay for you! 40 is a wonderful number and my ultimate goal. I'm at 18 1/2, but probably not today! LOL We had a party and yesterday went out to eat most of the day. I probably had more carbs between yesterday and today than I've had in 3 months! It is ok though.

I've had a rough couple of weeks. I've been averaging just under a pound a week which is lower than I want but at least it is a loss. I started running for part of my workout and actually am up to a mile and then I end with walking. I do the elliptical too. I'm only getting to the gym 3 days a week and I want more but it has been so hard to fit it in. I just got my mother back on her feet and now my MIL is depressed again and I've been having to run her back and forth to the dr. I'm so worn out taking care of everybody and MIL does NOT make it easy. My first thought when I get home is CHOCOLATE, then I remind myself how hard I've worked. I did go try on my dress for my daughters wedding and there will definitely be some alterations. :P The next 8 weeks are going to be crazy busy for me and I'm going to have to work really hard to stay healthy. Lisa I haven't been able to cut out carbs completely but I've tried really hard. We are about 90% wheat and gluten free most of the time. I don't think I'll ever give up legumes and dairy but I do agree you can lose weight quicker that way. I'm not a huge meat eater but I love fruit and most vegetables, I just have to make time to have a good meal. I rarely eat out anymore and I usually feel crappy when I do. I'm trying really hard to make good food choices. Tomorrow our daughter and FSIL will be leaving and then hubby, Maddie and I can get back to our healthy meals and less eating out.

It IS a lot harder when you have people around to cook for or you eat out more often. Even with just Grandkids here, it was hard. I am trying really hard to get back on the wagon this weekend for my weigh in on Tuesday. Next week is a busy week.........gone every single day for one thing or the other and then I THINK things settle down for a while so I can get back to a semi normal routine.........whatever that is ! :P We are leaving on an 8 day cruise mid September, so would like to be on track before, during and after that. There is food available 24/7 on those cruise ships ! YIKES! We do a lot of walking though.........out sightseeing in the ports, use the stairs on ship instead of the elevator, walk around the upper deck, etc.

Just bringing this back to the top.

Today is the day..........I am back on track and heading off to attend my WW meeting. I have missed 2 weeks dues to fairs, grandkids visiting and other "life stuff" that gets in the way. I don't expect any losses today and probably gained a pound or two, but I am starting over as of today !!!!! :)

I havent posted here so far but have been checking in once in awhile, I also have been doing a little dieting since sometime in May, I do good for awhile and then I slack off, but since may I have lost 10 pounds so I am okay with that. It is coming off very slowly but as Heidi said at least it I am still losing. I would like to lose at least another 5 to 7 pounds and then just be able to maintain it. I think I could be happy with that. I have been alot lower before but everytime I get down another 10 pounds I get the remarks that I look too thin or I look drawn, so why work that hard if I cant seem to maintain it anyhow.

For me maintenance is the hardest part. I think there should be more emphasis put on maintaining the weight loss than there seems to be. Maybe the ww etc. dont care as much about maintenance so you will be back to lose again. I know they have maintenance information but it isn't very well organized and laid out for you as the weight loss is.

Well, I was pleasantly surprised at my Weigh In this morning. I was fully expecting a gain and had resigned myself to that, but I actually LOST .2 # Not much, but better than a gain !!! So, now I am syched up to get on this again.

It helped this morning when a member reached her Lifetime status and another reached the 50# mark. If they can do it, so can I.........we are all about the same age.

I hear from others that Maintenace is harder than the losing part, but I hope to get there and give it a try anyway........some have maintained for 20+ years and doing fine. Just takes time to get adjusted and know what you can and cannot do.

Welcome to the club Jeanne.

Linda way to go! You must be being better than you think you are. I'm not so sure I'll be ina as good as shape next week when I get home! LOL I'll hope for it though. I can't say I've been horribly bad but I have had more stuff that I haven't had in 3 months. I'm trying my best though. Maintenance is the toughest part. I'm a lifetime member but way off track right now. I'll get there though. Slow and steady.

Thanks Bekah

I will check it out, my husband wont cooperate with my diet either so I have to just go solo with it. It is frustrating too as he really, really needs to diet but wont hear of it. It will take a stroke or heart attack for him to reconcile himself to that fact, sure wish there was something short of that to motivate him but no such luck. I have just decided that if I dont want to leave our kids and grandkids with no one I will have to be the one to stay healthy, Watch and see he will live on and on unhealthy as he may be and I who try so hard to take good care of my health will be the first to go. Seems like things sometimes work that way. Oh, well do what you can and be happy with that I guess.

Oh, you ladies, according to my kitchen, if I cut out everything you listed I would starve :(. I quit smoking in January and since then have gained 10#. I've adjusted my diet, eat less, exercise as much as my back and knees allow but it isn't coming off. Well, it has to be what I'm eating, but I haven't wrapped my mind around cutting out all those things. Therefore, I can't complain, can I? Baby steps, baby steps! At least I finally beat the smoking beast and have 10# to prove it - yaay! Anyone else recently quit smoking and have weight issues now? If so, how are you dealing with it?

I started reading this post from the beginning not noticing the dates...oops...well haven't we come a long way? I'm working with the MyPal gadget and it's working to control what and how much I eat. It also makes me aware of the amount of exercise I'm doing and the need to get moving. So far I've lost one pound this month and that's OK with me. If it took me 30 years to gain 20 pounds, I suppose I can work with the one year plan and take off one pound a month. I'd be happy with that. "They" say that losing slowly means you are making changes that will last. I agree with Rita and others who have said that it's no so much what we eat as how much we eat. If we eat a basic healthy diet, the next step is to cut back portions. I'll check in once a month and keep posting. Congratulations to all your successes and don't give up...just keep on trucking!

Archived