Opinions please

You say if you quilt your own you will be out that income for half a month. No you won't! You will be investing it in yourself and something beautiful for you. Are you worth it? Yes, I think you are! Don't fall into the trap of using all your spare time working for others! Spoil yourself from time to time. You deserve the same beauty you provide for others! :cool:

Hey Linda I think we all need to take a vacation time maybe a few days to a week no customers just me time to do our own. The money is nice but if you can't enjoy the machine for yourself once in awhile what good is it? LOL I say go for it and enjoy it for yourself this time. Can't wait to see it when your done. :)

Originally posted by ffq-lar

....... I'm happy to barter. When I ponder this deal I remember that she has a skill I don't have and I have one she doesn't.

OK so this "deal" qualifies for those quilts you can enter into the big shows because you did not take money for your services. It's a collaborative effort between both of you.

SO I expect you will enter this into Houston and the other Mancuso shows. :) :) :) :) :cool: :cool: :cool:

And maybe (maybe) yes maybe you might get a prize!!

You can't win if you don't enter....

Okay, Linda, Been reading all the other threads here. I do have to say I agree! Go for it girl. I know I would never in a million years attempt to make an applique quilt, much less like the one she has made. I also agree the very best reason is that YOU WILL OWN IT!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

THEN YOU CAN ENTER YOUR QUILT IN SHOWS!!!!!! TOO;)

I like where Shana's ideas lead.

Quilt it as a masterpiece for yourself. Yes, you are worth it:)

Then enter it in every show possible, and rake in the prize money:D:D

I also would do the deal in a heart beat. I've been working on a needle turn applique for many years now. I'm making it for a friend and will never do another big one. So I know what it takes, lots and lots of time.

In fact, I'll barter with her if you won't !!!!! How's that????!!!!!

Just kidding, she wants your expertise. I know. But a gal can dream....

One more thought, Linda. Your customer don't have to know for whom you are quilting in January. To them, it's just another customer quilt. They have to queue their quilts before or after . . . but they never need to know you are doing one for yourself.

Lynn

Yes, what a silly question! OWN it, wow, I would love to own it or one like it!!!! You brought up a thought I was just thinking - you know your friend and your customer. Let your thoughts about each guide some of your thinking. CiCi

Guest Linda S

You could probably make up the income that you would lose by scheduling yourself in as a client for a few weeks by winning a couple of prizes at a few major shows. She's obviously a great applique'r, and we know you are an extremely talented quilter. I think you could really make this work to your eventual advantage Linda. You wouldn't get an immediate check, but over a few months after you finish it, you could turn a tidy profit!

You are the best advisers in the world! I talked it over with miss Joyce (my go-between with the fabulous appliquer, who doesn't speak much English) and together with you all, I am absolutely going to take her up on the offer.

I'll keep you posted and share photos after the deal is in place. I won't be able to quilt hers until January at the earliest so mine will be later in the year. It's good to have something like this to look forward to.

Thanks again!

Archived