Thirties quilt - UPDATE - PICKED UP (see note after pictures)

My friend Delores asked that I quilt this for her with some kind of circles and said I could add whatever else. I used my squircles Circle Lord and Aztec template and made some samples and came up with this. I hope she likes it! This quilt is made up of exchange blocks from our guild. She won the blocks and they have been sitting in her closet for years. I love the border and sashing color she chose.

My AppliRuler and AppliGuide arrived just in time for me to use them on this quilt and I must say that I love them both. They are really unique. I love how the AppliGuide fits my hand (just like Heidi said!). This is my first attempt at outlining real applique.

2406414780107368784S600x600Q85.jpg[/url]

2384473600107368784S600x600Q85.jpg[/url]

2756787670107368784S600x600Q85.jpg[/url]

******UPDATE*******

Delores picked up her quilt today. She loved it the moment she saw it and mentioned over and over how much she did and how cute it turned out. And she loved the pattern the quilting made on the back and how it mimicked the applique. It's time like this that make a happy day for me :)

Am I the only one that sits on pins and needles until someone sees and approves of the quilting job you have done on their quilt? It's for crazy making! LOL

Thank you for all the nice comments. When I saw the quilt I saw something other than circles and couldn't figure out what to do with just circles. It's going on the back of her couch so she wanted me to keep the quilting light. I hope it is enough circles and not too much flower for her. I shall find out in the morning when she picks it up!

Archived