Different kind of baby quilt

I made this for a co-worker for her new baby. It was a commissioned quilt, start to finish. Most certainly not what i would have picked. Deer are machine applique. I used QD poly blend batting. So fine on top. BL on bottom. The quilting is pretty simple, but that is what she wanted. I echo Heidi in saying that it is difficult to work on one that you are not fond of.

Peggy

post-3264-0-82805300-1360956718_thumb.jpg

Variety is the spice of life? Same goes for quilts as not everyone's taste is the same. If that's what the mother requested, you supplied her need. It will provide comfort and warmth for the baby and that's what matters. I think you did a great job on it and the straight line quilting in the background was perfect for it!

I really ,really ,really love it !!! I have never tried applique but now I would love to learn just to make one of these ,was it very hard cutting the deer out ? I was just given a deer fabric panel today with the small blocks of deer printed on it as a border ,perfect timing ,thank you for sharing !

Sorry it took me so long to respond to posts. Thanks for all the nice comments. Queenie, I did the applique with fusible. I traced the deer onto the paper side, ironed it to the fabric, cut it out, then ironed it on to the quilt. I did machine applique around the edges. It was my 1st time doing machine applique and I really liked it. It was easier than I thought and much faster than needle turn.

Mom picked the quilt up and loved it. Thats what matters. And... I actually made a little money on it. ;)

Archived