Mariners compass Raffle Quilt

I am sooo glad to finally have this one finished! I was very flattered when my guild asked me to do their raffle quilt! There are 4 other LA'ers in the group. I was so nervous about this. I hope they like it.

I got to use lots of gadgets on this one, and tried to incorporate some lessons from Myrna's Hartley Fence, Just Do it, and Creating Spaces classes.

Patty

Patty,

I have looked very closely at the quilt...first of all...beautiful. You did a beautiful job quilting this...second..you have had Myrna's class?? I think I am going to be taking some of her classes at MQS, at our Machine Quilters Guild, and maybe when she comes to Country Lane Quilting. My question for you is how much of the quilt did you use your HF on?? Do you like using your HF? I guess you have her workbook. Thanks in advance for answering my pestering questions. Beautiful!!

Thank you all for the wonderful comments! They are a great boost to the confidence level, Thanks. :)

Mary Beth - Yes, I have had Myrna's classes. I hosted her here last September and got to spend a whole week with her. What fun and a great learning experience. I got my fence and her workbook after the classes. On this quilt, I used the fence for the "faux" compasses in the corners. I have played with it on a few other quilts, I can send you photos if you give me your email address. It is quite easy to use. Definately take the classes. It sounds like you will have plenty of opportunity.

Storm - the letters were done using Word. It is "Lucida Calligraphy" and I resized them to fit the space, then put them on Golden threads paper and stitched away.

Thanks again for all your comments and support.

Patty

Patty - they just HAVE to LOVE what you did! It is awesome!! I really like

what you quilted in those red stars too - very nice! These photos have

me wanting to make this quilt!!:D I love it that much!! :P

Nice rope border treatment - did you use the Circle Lord template for that?

Archived