I've been stippled to death

Holy cow! I'm pretty sure I hate to stipple now that I've been stippling about 15 hours on this quilt!!! I'm almost done though. Just wanted to complain to someone who understands better than my dh. Lol! I cant wait to unload this quilt and send it home.

What do you hate most to quilt?

Ditto, really anything that goes on for days and days....stippling, crosshatching, etc....

That is definitely true!

i must admit that i like to stipple. in fact, i have 2 quilts this week where i will be doing just that! i put on some music and just go for it.

but music definitely helps! Thanks for reminding me, Kristina. :)

I was thinking that I don't really mind stippling until I thought about it for a minute.  Stippling is small and tedious and like Anne, I tend to tense up after a while and everything hurts.  I was visualizing meandering.  That is larger, free flowing, easy and much better with music.  I feel your pain Bonnie.

Quilting to music is such a good idea. Last year I pulled my stereo from the house and put it in the garage, and it really makes time fly and feels good when quilting. But the stippling, yuck, I'm not going to do it as an all-over design ever again! Oma, it wasn't super small, but small enough for me. Charlotte, yes, tensing the shoulders, and arms. I feel like I have Popeye arms now. But I'm DONE!!!  :) Mrs. A, I agree, it is boring!

Archived