It's time for Fantastic Thursday! 6/13/2013

I haven't started this for a couple of weeks now and I don't have anything to show today! But we do have the floor down in our house and the trim is going in as I type. Our ONE month remodeling is now in it's 5th month! :P

I did take a class to make the 3 table runners by Edyta Sitar called Garden Trio. They are pieced and  Silhouettes are fused in place an I am trying to do a blanket stitch by machine on them. When I get finished I'll post a picture! By the way did I follow the pattern? Well not completely! LOL

Please share what you r have done this week. I love eye candy and it's not fattening!!!! :wub:

I finished quilting a quilt for a friend and started loading the 2nd one for her.  THEN our son and his 3 boys came to visit and have lunch.   The 4 year old thought he could "help" me, but he was a bit too much "help"?    Need I say more???  haha    I did let him push the pedal to advance the quilt back on the take up roller..........he thought that was pretty cool.   He'd good at finding pins I drop on the floor, too.   Sometimes it's just best to turn everything off until they go home.    :D

Vicki, glad you are okay. What a terrifying day you must have had in the basement with your doggie. I'm praying for the others in the path.

No Fantastic Thursday for me. I have a quilt on the frame that I'm stumped on, waiting for inspiration to come. When it does, it will be fantastic any day. 

Dell, remodeling is no fun and I'm clueless as to why it takes so much longer than it supposed to, but the results are worth it! Of all the quilters in the world, I would LOVE to take a class by Edyta Sitar. I'm so jealous!

I feel the same way when my grandchildren are around, Linda. My daughter and hubby went on cruise and left their two with me for a couple of days. They are not to bad, but my son lives next door and he has 3 little girls, the youngest of whom likes to take things apart. When my 4 children were little my husband would say, "If they can't eat it, they tear it up." It sometimes seems to be a generational thing. (lol) I do love them dearly, but school is starting when?

I'm back on the road headed home. We're going to try to go 8 hrs today and drive the last 4hrs tomorrow. We got a late start because GD graduated from 8th grade today and we stayed until after that. Our reason for coming up was a sad one, but I've enjoyed my visit with my daughter and granddaughters. I went to Fabric Depot and that was fun. Loved the big Ikea store. I managed a trip out to see son's family. I taught my 5 year old GD to sing Puff the Magic Dragon last month when I was here and she still is so cute singing it. The weather has been in the 60's which I love. Been raining the past couple of days, but this California girl rather likes it. I love all this green. One would wonder why I ever moved from here to California after listening to me go on about how beautiful the Northwest is.

I look forward to start making my blocks for the swap. I've been making them in my head. Virtually I have hundreds done...lol.

I'll post a little farther down the road.

Finished a quilt for a new customer who finds tops at yard sales and thrift stores.  She had washed the top and it looked like a limp rag.  After procrastinating as long as I could I pressed the top and did freehand designs around the applique--kind of mini dresden type applique design.  It turned out quite well.

Thought I had some instructions on how to post a picture on the new forum but can't find any so there is no picture.

Thank for the help.  Let's see what happens.

post-4606-0-68986500-1371176536_thumb.jpg

Dell, I can totally relate to the remodeling delay.  The new floor in the quilting room was supposed to take 6 hours. It's been 6 days and there are only 5 boards laid.  Not sure when it will get done.

VICKI, Stay safe. 

Oma, safe travels.

Charlotte, I'd love to see a picture

donnasco, go to more reply options and scroll all the way to the bottom. There is a place to browse for your picture. Then choose it.  Then click attach this photo, Then click post.

I worked on getting 6 quilts ready to ship tomorrow for NQA. I'm very excited that all 6 were accepted but it took me awhile to baste fabric over the labels, freshen them up and try to be sure there was no dog hair. With 3 dogs, everything comes with dog hair- LOL.

I hope all that have been in the path of today's storm are safe.

There are 12 of us in my quilty bunch and last year we each had a box with our chosen pattern.  Every month we would make a block for the person whose box we had and then pass on to the next person.  At the end of the year we had 11 blocks.  I chose Eleanor Burns' Victory Quilt book, made two additional blocks to set on point, and am finally quilting the top.  Today I worked on the sashing and cornerstones.

I love seeing and reading about everyone's projects and activities, whether quilting, travel, family, and everything else!

post-3802-0-62577400-1371170577_thumb.jpg

Archived