Overland Kansas ARE you Going?

I reserved my spots in two hands-on classes and one lecture. I cannot wait! My niece lives in Lees Summit, so I saved some money, I will stay over one night as the class I am in gets over at 10pm and I don't want to drive that late in an unfamilar area. But will probably be there for about 4 of the days. I keep thinking I should take advantage of more of the classes!! I hope to meet some of you there. Put a face to a name :-)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot wait to see you all. Deb we have so much to catch up on. lolol

Claudia I miss you too. So glad you are coming again this year. That is awesome. And I will finally get to meet Birgit.

Just like Houston Show we can come up with a colored ribbon to pin on our T's or jackets so we can recognize each other at first sight. lololol

I cannot wait to see you all.

So what classes are you taking Manda?

I haven't decided yet but no time to waste. Many are already filled up. I'm not going to live in the classes. I want some down time on this trip.

Glad to know your coming. I love this show. I think I am going to drive as I wanted to buy buy buy and I can fit alot into my van. lolol

I love looking at all those quilts!!!!!

I've gone for the last 3 years...but the dates this year are a problem. I've put in for the vacation time, but it won't be approved until mid March.....so, I can't sign up for classes until I know if I'm off. Sure hope everything isn't all full. Last year was just a one day trip for me....no classes, but I really enjoyed the free demos...and of course the shopping.

The free demos were really very interesting.....and they were located just off the main lobby.

Cheryl in Iowa

I'm a new member and I'm driving to Kansas again this year for the MQS. We have a 5th wheel and stay at a rv site. My husbands golfs while I'm in classes. Last year was the first time for me and I can't begin to describe how wonderful & friendly everyone is. The show quilts are awsome. There is so much to see and do.

Rebecca in Illinois

Hi Grammie, Claudia and all the other quilters

YES, we are going too, that means Elly Prins and I, we have booked last september, and signed up for a lot of classes. Hope they are still free...

We're staying at the Overland Park Hotel, so that should be fine.

Hope to meet you gals at the MQS too!

Sylvia Kaptein

Sylka-Mode

www.sylkamode.com

This will be my second year to go and I've signed up for several hand-on classes the early part of the week; Myrna's Feathers, Jamie Wallen, and Karen McTavish plus other demos. Would love to meet those who post here and put names/faces together. I think the colored ribbon on our name badges is an excellent idea. That way you can just approach someone and say "APQS Chatroom Buddy" and you will know them right away. How about a bright blue ribbon - stands for 1st place - which we all are #1 right???

Any other ideas??? Can't wait for June either. Staying at a cousins this year who lives 10 minutes away from the convention center - gives me more money to spend at the vendor market!!!!!

I live in southern Iowa right off I-35; anyone want to carpool give me an e-mail: sharon@weinmaninsurance.com

Have a great day - stay warm - below zero here this morning but the sun is shining!!!!

Sharon/The Country Stitcher

I'll be there, too, and bringing a quilting friend. This will be Jeri's first time at a machine quilting show. It's so hard to describe to those who haven't had a chance to see it yet. She works with me one day a week in my studio and I think I'm as excited to show it all to her as I am to see it myself.

We'll be staying at the Super 8, also. I'll be driving down from central Iowa, so we must try to get together and ride share to the show site!

Vicki

I'll be there all week! I can't wait. I missed it last year and really had withdrawals :D

Sharon I hope to see you in the feathers class, monday, right?

I signed up for Judy (?) 2 day feather design class, one of Jamie Wallens classes and then a couple of others. It should be so much fun.

Hope to meet some of you there.

Patty

Which feathers class Monday are you taking Patty?

Oh wait, I'm in feather in the AM and fills in the PM

I'm taking pretty much taking all Irena Bluhm classes, with the exception of a couple lecture/demo classes later in the week.

I hope to get to meet some people I talk to online. Last year I walked around asking people if they were on any of the online lists and blown away by how many people aren't even online at all. I would have never known what MQS was if it wasn't for my online groups.

Patty; can't wait to see you again either. I spoke to Myrna at the APQS promotional video taping on Monday and told her I was taking her class - like she'll remember me out of the zillion people she meets. Anyway it was good to meet her, such a hoot of a woman -- think we're going to have fun. Sounds like we may be in some other classes too. Now I want to stay all week --- I just may do it since I don't have to pay for hotel room....think DH can survive on peanut butter and applesauce for 5 days!!!!! Sure he can:D:D:D

Tracy, I signed up to be Myrna's TA for her feathers class and Just do it on Monday, so it sounds like we will be together all day! She was here last September, so I have had both of these classes already, but she is so much fun, I wanted to hang out with her again :P It will be good to have a refresher too, if she doesn't run me ragged playing gopher. Just kidding, Myrna!

Sharon, you will love taking her classes, it is such fun. Did you sign up for Jamies portrait style class? Can't remember the name right now. I think it is Thursday. His 1st class conflicted with my 2 day feather design class, but this one sounded really interesting. Learning his method for textures and such in his art and portrait quilts. Should be very interesting.

Stay warm!

Patty

I just booked my trip to MQS. I am so excited.

I signed up for 7 classes. My BIL is going to host me at his house in Oakland Park (wherever that is). He promised to give me good directions. I don't want to show up late to class....tardy slip and detention, ya know. :P

I look forward to seeing some familiar as well as new faces.

Archived