Time out from Quilting

My daughter's wedding is just now less than seven days away.

I can now take a breather as I have finished making her dress.  We bought the material and pattern in July last year when she came for a visit.

She had my second grandchild Violet Elsie in late May this year so I did not start making this until July.

She wanted simple to go with her cowboy boots!post-2934-0-20923700-1377925743_thumb.jpg

I have been sending her progress photos during the making, finished it today while she was having her hen's party.  I was having a break as my husband took her 4yr old son, who has been with us for a week shopping.

The buttons are from my wedding dress, there is a lace pocket in the hem also made from my wedding dress.post-2934-0-33638300-1377925722_thumb.jpg

I purchased the bluebird 40 years ago when in the USA on exchange.post-2934-0-09374800-1377925799_thumb.jpg

She won't see it until Thursday  but I had to share why I have been missing in action.

Wow - beautiful dress and I absolutely love the extras that you put into the dress which will make it even more special for her.  Best wishes for a lovely wedding!  I know she will not be able to help but to love the dress that you put so much extra love into.

Archived