My turn to ask for prayers

Our daughter-in-law, Andrea, will be having a double mastectomy early on Wed morning.  She does not have cancer.  She carries the gene for breast cancer.  Her mother has had it twice - not sure about her grandmother on that side.  Anyway, she is young (they have one 18 month old boy and would like to have one or two more) and beautiful and smart and well, just a perfect daughter-in-law.  We could not have chosen better had we been doing the choosing.  I feel for her for the pain she will be experiencing and the mental anguish.  We are just sending up praise she does not have to worry about any cancer treatments.  This does not reduce all the risk but most of the risks.  For this we are most blessed.  Just remember her in her surgery and in her healing. 

Thanks you, thanks you, thank you for the prayers!  Andrea came through the surgery like a champ!  She is now in a room and her pain in under control.  Little Cade even got to visit his mom his afternoon!  If she makes it through the night without too much pain she may be able to go home tomorrow night.  It all depends.  Please pray with there will be no complications and she will be feeling much better by Christmas.  Again, thanks so much!

Yes, she is, Sylvia. My grandmother died at 42 from breast cancer. My mom was just 18. From all accounts, she was a gutsy, confident woman whom I would have loved to have known. So if your daughter in law can spare her children and grandchildren the loss, more power to her!

Archived