Vibrating table top...

Happy new year to you all... Hope you all had a lovely Xmas too....

As I get back to my quilting work I have had a pita problem with my lucey on bliss table in that the plastic table top vibrates and bounces around like mad... Have tried tape blue tack etc to try and keep it still but it's pretty annoying still.... Any ideas of what I can do to minimise this? The machines fine it's just the table...

Janette - a couple of suggestions .....

1) Have you checked whether the table is still level?

2) have any of the little cushion pads moved ? (the ones which go on top of the tubes underneath the plastic top)

3) try cushioning the tubes with a piece of batting

Email me if you need to ;)

- Ani

Mine did the same thing and drove me nuts.  Leveling is the number one thing to check.  I also took those rubber mat things to keep rugs from slipping and put them between the tubes and table.  This seems to help and they won't slip.  Hope this helps.

Janette - a couple of suggestions .....

1) Have you checked whether the table is still level?

2) have any of the little cushion pads moved ? (the ones which go on top of the tubes underneath the plastic top)

3) try cushioning the tubes with a piece of batting

Email me if you need to ;)

- Ani

Don't think there are any cushion pads on my table.... ? Thanks though will check and see...

Mine did the same thing and drove me nuts. Leveling is the number one thing to check. I also took those rubber mat things to keep rugs from slipping and put them between the tubes and table. This seems to help and they won't slip. Hope this helps.

thanks that is a good idea... Think I have some in the camper van... Table is level...

there should be little round pads about the size of a penny on top of each of the rollers where the table sites....I have four on each of the rollers....my table does not vibrate.....so maybe if you don't have any that might be the problem....I did have APQS set up my machine and I remember the little dots coming on a packet......Lin

It's a good idea for ALL of us to make an annual maintenance of our table and go around and tighten up all of the nuts and bolts on the table and legs, and machine wherever...  The other day, I activated the take up roller and one end fell out of the socket! It scared the :unsure:  :blink:  :huh:  :mellow:  :o  out of me!

Everyone. Go grab your crescent wrenches and allen wrenches and tighten up your tables! Make it an annual job.

I am OCD about checking the table level.... Digital spirit level is fab investment.....And all bolts and screws are tight... But having bought this machine ex demo I had not noticed any cushion pads on the rollers... That's possibly the answer to this annoying problem... When I get back to my studio Monday will check... I am having a long Christmas holiday after too much work before exhausted me!

Janette:  I don't know anything about bliss tables, but my guess is that the top "floats" on the frame rather than being screwed or bolted down.  If that's the case, I'd try and put double faced tape on the frame members that support the table top.  It would work better on square tubing frames, but to a lesser degree on the round ones as well.  Sticking the top down would eliminate the bounce at least.  Hoipe you find a solution.  Jim

Thanks Jim... At the moment I have it taped to the base at each end. I do have missing cushion pads though.. Does anyone have a photo of what they look like? Then perhaps I can find some similar in a hardware shop if I can't get any from linzi.

Janette:  I recently bought some double faced tape made to hang pictures.  It is made of the spoungy material and looks like it would be ideal for holding down your table top.  The thick tape would cushion your table, and be resilient enough to hold up to the vibration.  I think it was made by 3M.  Jim

Janette, a few months ago APQS put pictures up on their Facebook status about the felt dots and how to position them to cut down on vibration. There are "care and feeding tips" all the time on their Facebook page. If you aren't on FB you can pop over and read their page without belonging to Facebook. 

Here's are the two photos I found. This one shows the positioning of the pads on the cross tubes

This one shows the positioning of the pads between the two lexan table tops. 

It is super surprising how those little pads can really impact the sounds and vibration from the machines!

Janette:  I recently bought some double faced tape made to hang pictures.  It is made of the spoungy material and looks like it would be ideal for holding down your table top.  The thick tape would cushion your table, and be resilient enough to hold up to the vibration.  I think it was made by 3M.  Jim

I think I may have some of these actually... Are they the easy release tabs? Which don't leave residue etc?

It's a good idea for ALL of us to make an annual maintenance of our table and go around and tighten up all of the nuts and bolts on the table and legs, and machine wherever...  The other day, I activated the take up roller and one end fell out of the socket! It scared the :unsure:  :blink:  :huh:  :mellow:  :o  out of me!

Everyone. Go grab your crescent wrenches and allen wrenches and tighten up your tables! Make it an annual job.

Shana, that exact thing happened to me, too. I jumped half way across the room!

Archived