Eureka Quilt took a loooooooooong time to quilt

Wow, I can't seem to find the words to comment on this fabulous quilt!  The piecing and quilting are spectacular!  Did you have a lot of starts and stops on the logs where you stitched 1/4 inch away from the seam...I would like to know how you did that part.

Debbie, I did not have a lot of stops and starts on the 1/4 inch from the seam quilting.  Here's a diagram of how I followed it (some backtracking involved).

11991079755_623f85d685.jpg

Maureenfourthinch by chrometopquilts, on Flickr

Cindy, you really did an over-the-top job on this quilt!! I love all the different elements, perfect choices, especially love the cross hatching next to the beautiful feathers.

This is a complicated log cabin with stars, my personal favorite-- I really love the pattern. It sounds like others have done this also, is the pattern name "Eureka" ?

Cathy, she said the pattern name was "Eureka".  I don't know who wrote the pattern though. 

Thanks again, everyone, for the kind comments!  :wub:  

The only word I can think of right now is Fantabulousicious 

The curlycue design stitched in the row of white with medium green 3 tier ships, lol

was that computer or had guided ?  I just love it and know I can't do it by hand,

may be able to buy the design for the SS.

Thanks, Rita

The only word I can think of right now is Fantabulousicious 

The curlycue design stitched in the row of white with medium green 3 tier ships, lol

was that computer or had guided ?  I just love it and know I can't do it by hand,

may be able to buy the design for the SS.

Thanks, Rita

Rita, I don't have a computer on Millie so the curlycue design is hand guided.  It does require some backstitching, but it's easy once you get the hang of it.  I used to use my microdrive handles to do it, but not any more.

Cindy, I'm in love with how you quilted Eureka!!!! It's soooo beautiful!! I can just imagine how your client felt. I bet she is still sitting in a chair at home admiring what you quilted :) I've too have this quilt kit -- it's been in the closet for a few years now so I'm guessing it's down at the bottom somewhere. I wonder how long it will take me to dig it out and cram everything else back in the closet?? LOL I really want to make it now and send it to you to quilt!

Archived