Pepsi Girl

Bonnie Hunter mystery finished

Recommended Posts

Well actually it's not finished because I haven't bound it.  But I wanted to show you because I really stepped out of my quilting box.  I was totally tempted to just do a panto on this.  And if not then my next norm would have been treat the blocks as a block (hope that makes sense)  But you ladies cause a person to want to doing crazy things, like looking at quilts differently.  So here it is.  I'm wearing my big girl panties, so go ahead I can take constructive comments.  Tell me what you really think!!

IMG_1620.JPG

IMG_1619.JPG

IMG_1617.JPG

A91BF4B4-C085-403F-BFCB-DCC3141F7883.JPG

737BBBF6-9ACC-4DD7-85D5-FA7894CAFB4F.JPG


Nancy

Gammill AKA "Gabby"

Hand Guided 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh I like very much!!  Love the colors, and the quilting.

I haven't done much of mine yet - guess I'd better get on the ball - Ha!    

 


Norma H with Schultzi, my Blissed Millie - Circle Lord and Quiltazoid enhanced

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your quilt is very pretty!  Lots of piecing and points!  Your quilting is beautiful. I have not tried curved cross hatching myself yet and yours looks perfect!  A lot of ruler work there.  What rulers do you have to do that?  I've been eyeing up the Quilted Pineapple's curved set, they seem popular, but haven't decided yet.  The back of your quilt will make for a pretty Wholecloth quilt when you want a change :o). 


Kathy :)

2017 APQS Lucey

Janome 6600P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2017 at 7:07 PM, Kwiltr said:

Your quilt is very pretty!  Lots of piecing and points!  Your quilting is beautiful. I have not tried curved cross hatching myself yet and yours looks perfect!  A lot of ruler work there.  What rulers do you have to do that?  I've been eyeing up the Quilted Pineapple's curved set, they seem popular, but haven't decided yet.  The back of your quilt will make for a pretty Wholecloth quilt when you want a change :o). 

If my math is correct there are 2904 pieces in this little beauty.  I really like crosshatching I believe my rulers are Lisa Calle.  I bought the little finger holder thingy and I like them even better.  I just looked at The Quilted Pineapple set and they look really nice and I good selection of curves.  I did not do a good job at picking mine , they are all very similar.t1816.gif

Thanks for your kind words.  Yes, I'm was really happy with the back as well.


Nancy

Gammill AKA "Gabby"

Hand Guided 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, Lisa Calle has a ton of rulers!  I wouldn't know where to start picking.  I've seen her demonstrate the ones with the groove and it looks easy enough.  Still have to think on it.  Thanks Nancy!


Kathy :)

2017 APQS Lucey

Janome 6600P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kwiltr said:

Wow, Lisa Calle has a ton of rulers!  I wouldn't know where to start picking.  I've seen her demonstrate the ones with the groove and it looks easy enough.  Still have to think on it.  Thanks Nancy!

I just looked at my earlier post and corrected it a bit.  Lisa's sets are not as diverse as the pineapple. So if you don't really know what you want I go with the pineapple.  I kind of wish I had


Nancy

Gammill AKA "Gabby"

Hand Guided 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pepsi Girl said:

I just looked at my earlier post and corrected it a bit.  Lisa's sets are not as diverse as the pineapple. So if you don't really know what you want I go with the pineapple.  I kind of wish I had

Gotcha.  Thanks for your insight!  I have a few templates in my drawer I don't use a lot or at all too.  It's hard to know.  Always seems like a good idea at the time :rolleyes:


Kathy :)

2017 APQS Lucey

Janome 6600P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just quilted one for a customer and used a panto.  This quilt is so busy, but you've done a wonderful job finding a quilt path.  The back looks awesome.  I like to go out of the box on my quilts.  It's a wonderful way to try new designs.  I have DeLoa Jones boomerangs.  The pineapple rulers are practically identical to Deloa's.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These quilts are all beautiful. I have not been able to cut mine out yet. But I will get 'er done. There was one posted to FB this week that used dark blue's for the neutral background. Absolutely stunning. I wish I had thought of that. I have already started the background blocks, so no turning back. I cannot show you the picture, because I would feel weird copying that picture and posting here.


Mary Beth 

Powered by 2009 Freedom

Future winner of the Millie Sweepstakes

http://marysnutshell.blogspot.com/




 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...