Wedding Quilt finished

I just finished this quilt for a niece and her new husband. It was a BOM from a local Hancock fabrics. I set the blocks on point and framed them in white sashing with stars. Then put dark blue around the outside in a handkerchief style. My DH said to just quilt it basic so I could get it done in time (3 days to do it) I looked and looked at it and thought I'd try something a little more special than basic. Needless to say, I didn't get it done in time They were married in June and it just got delivered to them this last weekend.

post--13461898396876_thumb.jpg

OMG! Jeanne, that is gorgeous. I love the swirly meandering tendrils and I also like what you did inside the center square; very interesting to the eye, lots of movement.

I am sure the bride & groom were thrilled to wait a little bit to get this lovely treasure. Worth the wait, I think!!! Made it extra special, too. :)

You should be so proud. Great job!

Thank you so much for the kind words. I've always loved those tendril thingies, tho' I'm not sure what they are called exactly. I prefer them to feathers, but maybe that's because I still haven't gotten to where I'm happy with all of my feathers.

Linda: The curved lines in the center square were done with a curved crosshatch ruler that I got from Rob's Rulers at MQS. It's a fun ruler to use if I have the right size block for it.

Thanks again for the nice replies. I have a hard time showing my quilts here because I always focus on the things I'm not happy with on them, and everyone else's always look so wonderful. Gotta get over that!! You ladies are all so wonderful!!

Very cool, Jeanne! Thanks for the inspiration. I was just about to do a feather panto on a quilt for my brother and sister-in-law...now I will have to take another look.

Another thing.....I bet your feathers are just great, too! But I understand totally!!!

Fantastic work Jeanne--I am so impressed and inspired. Thanks for the call, I tried to get back and didn't get you some how. I am home now again, won't be back at the store till Mon I hope. still dreaming and planning--and great news--My D#1 has caught the bug too! I would love to get connected to a guild with you and Mary Beth--Hope to see you soon. this is truly a wonderful quilt heirloom!

rosalee

Jeanne,

I love this quilt....I think I have found my new favorite background filler.... It looks so airy and soft and like the wind blowing. I'm sure it received great kudo's when delivered, and also sure they really didn't mind the wait after seeing it.

Archived