best of show

a quilt i quilted was entered in our local quilt guild show (one of the largest in the south east) and won best of show, quilter's choice, and viewer's choice. I entered my wholecloth quilt, it won 2nd. and i also had a quilt i quilted win two sponsor awards. All in all, 6 ribbons, three quilts.

i'm quite pleased. this is my first "show" that i had any quilts entered in. it was a confidence booster that i needed.

post--1346189856911_thumb.jpg

"CONGRATULATIONS" Doodle Bug- these are just amazing. People recognize talent when they see it. And your first show. Amazing! ! ! You are now a PRO.:D:D Don't forget to raise your prizes and put this into your advertising. Again, Congratulations ! ! ! ! !:D

i used ALOT of thread. i lost track of how many bobbins. close to 30 different colors, and i stopped counting at 100 thread changes. the thread matches whatever color the fabric was.

the "ribbons" have 6 different colors in them. 2 darks, 2 mediums, 1 light, and white. it took me about 30 hours to quilt. The piecer was very cool. She gave me complete creative freedom.

i use a thin polyester thread. i like it better than cotton. cotton always breaks with me. poly "keeps up".

i think it hung pretty straight. i did the binding on it, so i had control over that. After binding, it had a couple of areas that needed a slight "blocking" done. the last i heard the piecer was going to submit it to Paduckah. I hope it makes it. Houston turned it down.

the funny thing is that the crystals added so much weight that over the course of the show it "grew" lengthwise. :)

Archived